Just more mishief

Gadget POV

I woke up this morning in a good mood. There were no MAD agents last night and I had a peaceful sleep. But today is a day of action! Today is the last day of the year! Today...is the perfect day for pancakes! Of course! That's what it is! I hear a strange noise from Penny, alomost like a groan. She must be excited for the pancakes!

"Penny! Someone must be hungry for pancakes!" I tell her.

"Well," she says.

"Perfect! Should I order for you too? Come on, you haven't eaten pancakes in ages!" I ask not expecting no for an answer.

"Uh....You're right, I haven't eaten pancake-y goodness in a long time so, yes?"

"Excellent! Waiter! Waiter!" I Say to motion one here.

Penny POV

I did that not to hurt his feelings? A little, but I really did miss the sweet taste of pancakes and plus this time the hotel's  making them; not Uncle Gadget. Today seems more lively, the sun is shining, there's a gentle breeze. It's almost as if the surrounding is happy? Whatever it is, after breakfast is done I go back to my room. It's the last day here because after the party we're gonna go straight back home; to Metro city and leave this place. It's a shame though, I'm kinda gonna miss this place. Suddenly I get a request for a video call from Kayla, wow, it's been a while.

"Hey girl! How you doin'? I totally miss you! It's been forever!?"

I eye roll at this, it hasn't been 2 days even! But I'll admit, I missed her loud crazy personality.

"Hey Kayla, I missed you too, It's been pretty interesting here in Liberia,"

"Really? That's awesome, like what?" She questions.

"Well, the food is awsome and I found the perfect outfit for the ball,"

"*shriek* I totally forgot there was a ball, what time is it ? Who's your date? You should send me a pic of you in your outfit!"

Her rambling is....exactly what I expected. I try calming her down and answering all her questions.

"Gosh, I'm so excited! And hey, have you talked to Talon yet?"

"W-what?"

"You know, the guy with dark spiky hair, brown eyes, the one you like and constantly day dream about?"

"I know who he is?!" I say almost yelling, sending her a glare as well.

She smirks, "Okay then, well?" She says expecting me to answer her question.

I get a little nervous by this but I brush it off and get back to my confident self.

"The thing is...I don't think he's here I mean, they're no signs of MAD. So in regards to this mission, I guess MAD changed there mind?"

"Really Penny?" I can feel the sarcasm in her voice. " MAD has never changed their mind, they always show in every mission!" She tells me.

"True but seriously though, they're just no signs of them," I argue.

"Maybe that's just what they want you to think,"

"I doubt that Kayla,"

"Fine, but it's a shame though. Talon would have been your date to the dance," She smirks and catches me by surprise.

I blush a faint pink and just eyeroll at her.

"No way."

"Aww, come on, it's obvious you two like eachother; you're just both too oblivious to admit it!" She tells me.