Seeing through the blur

Penny POV

One minute I'm trying to reach out to my Uncle, the next I lose my balance and FALL from a 50-storey building, This is just great, Good going Penny.....

I can't believe I let this happen! If I ever want to be good HQ agent in the future, I can't just let myself fall in silly situations like this!; I should have known better than to go foolishly close to the edge of the building.....

But now I wonder if I'll even SEE that future, because this is a life or death situation! I've been in tight spots before but I usually get miraculously saved by one of Uncle G's gadgets, but of course; that can't happen now since all his gadget power has been taken away. At least he's still safe, I wish I could say the same about myself...

What I would do for a pair of Talon's rocket boots right now!!! I could fly through the sky and safely land myself on the sweet ground but Alas! I'm a helpless human being with no means of air transport falling with increasing speed to her DEMISE!!!!!????

Could this really be it?!....The end of Penny Ruth Brown??? Who was too clumsy to avoid her totally all too preventable Doom??!!! This just can't b-be.....the end   My loved ones will totally be crushed by this and I didn't even get a chance to say goodbye... to Uncle Gadget, brain, Kayla, HQ and Talon.........TALON!!!! He could be my only hope! I wonder if he saw me fall??? But he could just be busy being the villain he wants to be with his uncle, that he doesn't even have the time to notice.

Talon POV

You know that feeling when you feel like your whole world has shattered, you've lost something that's irreplaceable and crucially important; something  so dear to you.......That's how I felt when I saw Penny fall, totally depressed by the fact that if she's not saved in under a minute, I'll never see those sky blue eyes ever again.......

I didn't believe in heart break until now, that your emotions are twisted and you can't think straight yet you feel alot of hurt at the same time.

I had to act soon but as if he's trying to set the world record for worst timings ever thats when Uncle Claw says.

"HA! That's the last I'll ever see of Gadget's niece!!! Talon! I need you for something!!" He barks at me.

"WHAT??!!!" My mouth says as my brain trys to digest the two things he just said to me.

"Yes, I know I shouldn't dare entrust you with something else due to your incompetence but it's your chance to prove to me that your not as useless as I thought and maybe I'll start treating you like a nephew" He says sincerely.

That took me by surprise.....Finally, a chance for me to actually prove to Uncle C just how much he UNDER APPRECIATES ME!!! I've been dying to do so FOR AGES, basically since I joined Mad!...........BUT I urgently need to save pretty Penny, otherwise I'll lose her forever. Two things I desperately want but one needs to be sacrificed for the sake of the other...

But before I make that choice I feel two henchmen grabbing both my arms pulling me to Uncle Claw. WHAT?! Why are they doing this, exactly!!?? Is Uncle C forcing me into this!!!??

"Talon, don't be as incompetent as you just were and do what I'll tell you to do next-" He said as the henchmen dropped me right in infront of him.

"I don't know why you've developed a habbit of not doing orders as soon as you're told but this is your last chance. Go and distract that chief Quimby so that we can fully access the HQ power supply that he's trying to get back. OR consider yourself both as the MOST  incompetent Mad agent there ever was! And an ex-Mad's second in command!!!" He said with the best fusion of anger and seriousness in one voice that I've ever heard in my life.
This just became a whole lot worse....