Not So Late - Happy New Year!

The countdown was finished and fireworks decorated the dark black sky. Natasha smirked when it drizzled and couples in the Avengers Tower shared their New Year's kiss.

She looked around and felt a pang of loneliness, frowning at the foul emotion. She smiled when Maria Hill kissed Steve, surprising the flustered blonde. Bucky had finally found someone who made him feel like he belonged. He smiled against the thick red lips of a giggling Darcy Lewis. It was all too sweet and Natasha didn't have that. Even Bruce and Betty had found themselves in a relationship again.

Her thoughts immediately jumped to Loki, some guy she couldn't get over.

Clint grinned at her as he came to attack her with a suffocating hug. "Happy New Year, baby!" He briefly carried her off her feet, making her laugh.

"Happy New Year." She said back with a fond smile. "Where's your date? Sharon Carter, huh?" She smirked.

Clint blushed and nervously chuckled.

"I wouldn't wanna keep her waiting if I were you, cowboy." She winked.

The thing was, Loki wasn't just some 'guy'. God would be the correct term, but he wasn't just categorized as a one-nightstand.

It was complicated.

And Natasha hated complicated.

Because complicated always led to confusing thoughts at night and worry.

Is this love, Agent Romanoff?

The fact that he made her feel this way made her enraged. She hated him, or well, she was supposed to hate him. She couldn't really bring herself to hate the asshole.

We are the same, you and I.

She couldn't insult him because every word she threw at him reflected back to her.

They were both manipulative, calculating, cold, lonely, betrayed, unloved.

She couldn't just say she had feelings for the god who rarely visited her.

He didn't just make her heart flutter or make her feel butterflies in her stomach. He didn't just make her feel like a teenage girl. But he completed her. She belonged with him.

It was hard letting go of the only man in the world to ever truly understand her.

Sure, she related with Bucky in some areas. But he wasn't cold in nature as her. She always had that stain, hidden away by the bright smiles she'd pull. She wasn't just a broken little girl, but a monster too. She wasn't brainwashed and forced to murder people. She took pleasure in watching a man's world burn and watching their life fade from their eyes.

Your ledger is dripping. It's gushing red...

Loki was, without a doubt, her mirror reflection. She was just more ahead than him. She seeked for redemption whereas he still preferred to do whatever the hell he wanted. They were opposites there. She chose order and he chose chaos.

But he had changed quite a lot. He wasn't hurting people like the time he tried to conquer Earth. She was shocked to see the good in him, even if it was just a twinge.

You & I are the same, Agent Romanoff...

"I am nothing like you."

Even a Liesmith such as yourself knows you did a terrible job with those poorly said words. He'd chuckled.

He was driving her crazy!

He dare he not come here?!

Even Thor was here with Jane!

What was so hard about visiting your mortal girlfriend?!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She closed the door of her apartment a little too roughly, scaring Liho out of sleep. She didn't even bother switching on the lights. She could navigate through her small home just fine with the moonlight entering her window.

She sighed and plopped on her couch, the cat coming to sit on her lap and sinking it's head under her hand. She smiled and carressed the soft furry head. "At least I have you."

"And me?" She heard his sultry smooth voice, a shiver deliciously running down her spine.

She stood and glared fiercely at him, Liho going it's own way.

"Loki."

He nervously chuckled.

"You're late." She growled.

"Have I made you angry?"

"Angry is an understatement."

"Well I'm here now, aren't I?" He stepped closer, the moonlight revealing his blessed features. He smirked deviously. "To see how my woman fairs."

"I'm not your anything." She snapped.

"Don't be angry, darling." His voice softened. "I just...couldn't bring myself to ruin their fun."

She rolled her eyes, scoffing. "Well you made my night shitty. You know that? I was the only one there without a partner." She crossed her arms. "I don't care what they think and you shouldn't too. Given a fact that you don't give a shit about anything. Including our...well, whatever you call this between us."

He walked around the couch to her and cupped her pretty face into his hands. "I do care about us. Don't you ever for one moment think that I don't care. You have given me a reason to better myself, Natasha. You know that." His voice was gentle and heavy with emotion. "I apologize for not being there for you. Will you give me another chance? I hate it when you're angry with me, as endearing as you are when you're angered." He leaned his head closer to hers. "My little spider."

Her glassy eyes softened. "You're lucky you're cute."

He grinned. "You're forgiving me that easily?"

She smirked. "I'm not letting you off the hook that easily, buddy."

"I'll make it up to you."

"How?" She raised an eyebrow.

"A kiss for the first day of New Year. I'm really not so late as you say." He said smugly. He brushed his lips to hers, making her insides swell. "Happy New Year, Natasha." He closed the last space between them and kissed her passionately, the fervent of their kiss making her so weak in the knees that she sinks into him. His strong arms held her to him, securing her.