Chapter 1: Wait? We're Twelve?

They had her trapped! Kaguya was going to be sealed away once and for all. For good! Sakura felt a rush of adrenaline as her fist collided with the Goddess' head, forcing her back into the boys' path. They were so close. So close!

Then suddenly, everything warped around her. Not in a Kamui way, but in a sick, gut twisting, wrong way. And the next thing she knew she was sitting in a... classroom?

What the hell? Where was Kaguya? Where were Naruto and Sasuke? Where was she ?

"What... the hell?"

The voice behind her started her, and she whirled around only to see-

"Naruto!"

It was indeed Naruto, but...

"You- you're twelve!" She cried, taking in his god-awful orange and blue jumpsuit and round face, baby fat still clinging to it. Were she not so alarmed, she would have wanted to pinch his cheeks.

"You're twelve!" He shouted back, pointing an accusatory finger at her. "Just look at your hair!"

My hair? Frowning, Sakura looked down and saw long pink locks falling down to her boobs – or lack thereof. She was also wearing that silly dress from her genin days, the one with the high collar and baggy sleeves.

"Oh God, what did that rabbit Goddess bitch do?" She moaned, taking it all in with displeasure.

"This is so weird," Naruto mumbled, sitting back and grabbing handfuls of his spiky hair.

"Speak for yourselves," a new voice said. And holy shit, it was Sasuke. And he was twelve too! Even wearing that blue shirt of his with the insane collar that she had thought was so cool at the time.

"Sasuke," Sakura gasped, unsure what to say. "What the hell!"

The only response she got was that annoying "hn" of his before he lapsed into pensive silence. It was contagious, because the next thing they knew, the whole room was silent, filled only with the sound of their panicked breaths.

They were twelve. They were in a classroom. They were alone. Judging from all the facts it looked to be the day of their team assignments. All three of them were wearing their headbands, and they were completely alone in the classroom. That hadn't happened once after being assigned teams. The multitude of possibilities as to how this could be started flitting through Sakura's mind, each more scary than the last.

"Is this..." Naruto started, eyeing their surroundings wearily. "A genjutsu?"

Behind him, Sasuke scoffed. "I'm immune to genjutsu now, so that's impossible."

Naruto scowled before turning to the now pre-teen. "Yeah well, how do I know you're not part of the genjutsu!" He exclaimed.

"Because if you're in a genjutsu, it doesn't normally point out that it's a genjutsu," the boy shot back. Naruto opened his mouth to retort, but found that the logic, however unorthodox, was sound. So, scowling, he sat back down with a huff and simply glared at his team mate. Sasuke seemed satisfied with the action as well and resumed his "thinking pose", or whatever it was, clasping his hands in front of his face and retaining a constipated expression. Actually, that could just be his default expression. You never knew with the Uchiha.

"Alright, now that we've cleared that up," Sakura grumbled from the front of the classroom, hands on her hips. "Are we going to find a way to get back to the battle?" At the confused expressions of her teammates, she elaborated. "We can't just leave Kakashi-sensei alone in that dimension," she said. "And everyone else is still stuck in the Infinite Tsukuyomi."