1. Veleno

"Shit. Shit. Shit. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck." Greta swore aloud, neglecting her usual anxiety of her words being heard.

Nothing could have prophesied this mistake.

The dawn's colours of amber and pale rose flooded the sky just like it always did. Her small apartment soon being alive with the initial yet roaring sounds of the morning. Toast being propelled out of the toaster with the ring of its spring as the cascade of steaming water echoed from the bathroom.

She strolled to the bus stop, the newborn winds of Autumn biting her pale skin. School following the same mundane formula of monotonous fatigue and skin ornamenting into transparency as she drowned in the cliques of high school's hierarches. Just like each day played out.

Not one note was out of pitch or absent from the melody of her life. Leaving her exposed and oblivious to the event that played out that evening.

Astray in the blue-sketched letters of her notes, her usually introverted phone grumbled as the vibration rushed over her desk like a wave. Having no self-control at all, she soon found the familiar sharp edges against her fingers, seeing the snapchat from Jungah, her ally in surviving this blank and yet chaotic life, who sadly resided in Yeosu.

An interval of nearly four hours by car ceased to cremate their bond, constantly sending each other comical portraits of themselves with the occasional short-film of reciting the theatric episodes of high school that neither of them ever starred in.

As it always did, dusk drained all of the colours the Sun had spilt during the day, only leaving the ebony sky as Greta opened the video. Jungah materialised in the form of spectral pixels as the hum of a familiar song started to buzz against her faded cream walls.

All Star by Smash Mouth played as Jungah did something distantly related to dancing in her Sully onesie, a berserker seeming to have possessed her petite body. Greta felt her sides split as a smile infected her face with Jungah's reflection swimming in her eyes. Sadly, the video had concluded, the snow-white screen of contacts replacing Jungah. There was only thing Greta could do then.

Reply with something even more stupid.

Hunting through her wardrobe and drawers to try and conjure the most absurd and trivial outfit she could form, soon being met with the reflection of her in a cowboy hat from an old Halloween costume and swimming goggles amongst a rainbow of stupidity.

She strained her eyes through her playlist, soon finding the perfect song.

Barely balancing the phone against the wall, Greta got ready, waiting for the recognisable buzz to echo against her ear drums and soon enough it did. The unmistakable beat slipping into the atmosphere.

The Thomas the Tank Engine theme song.

The music flooded into her mind, becoming deaf to the voices of anxiety as her body flowed to the music. Following an almost rabid and crazed routine that her mind had just illustrated in that moment, the beat of the song being her only inspiration.

Breathing heavily after seeming to have put in more effort than necessary, she returned to her phone as the costume of her temporary confidence started to melt off her. A shaking finger trying to find Jungah's name.

Her heart was still beating almost harshly, only acting as a reminder that Greta was not in ideal fitness for a girl of her age. Barely recognising Jungah's name as her world was becoming a blur, only just about managing to allow her finger to meet the screen before she tossed the phone into her pastel floral sheets.

She soon retreated back to her littered desk, an ocean of papers flooding the frost-like desk before she soon found the shuddering sound of her phone return as its sound pulsed through the still air of her room. Clutching onto the cold metal corners, the screen lit up again. Her heart capsizing as her eyes scanned over the words.

Jungkook replayed your snap!

Jungkook screen recorded your chat!

Jungkook is typing...

From Jungkook

That was the moment the flood of profanities could no longer be controlled.

Dirt falling from her normally innocent lips, clamping her trembling fingers to her hair as her body carried her up and down her room.

Oh shit. Fuck. Bullocks. I'm fucked.

Out of all the people I could have sent it to, why did it have to be Jeon Jungkook? The biggest asshole of a playboy a divine power could design for this world.

She took a shaking breath in, hoping when it was expelled from her, it would no longer be jolting like a petrified animal, and yet that idea was quickly burned to ash as her breath was still uneasy as she grabbed her phone. Sliding the notification to see what he could have possibly said in reaction to that.

Jungkook
I'm guessing that wasn't for me

Greta
No, it wasn't

Jungkook
You should be more careful when you're sending videos like that. They could get into the wrong hands ;)

Greta
Please delete that. It was meant for a friend

Jungkook
Delete it? But then I wouldn't have anything to blackmail you with

Greta
Black mail??? What could you possibly want from me?

Jungkook
I want you to come to a party with me

Greta
A party? Why?

Jungkook
You know my ex-girlfriend, Bora? Well she's been invited to Goobin's party, which I have been invited to as well. I just need you to come with me as a "date" ;) ;) to try and make her jealous

Greta
Why exactly are you asking me though?

Jungkook
Because you have to come with me, otherwise that video is going to be posted on my Instagram, and plus it seems like every girl in our bloody school is friends with Bora, so they obviously won't do it

Greta
Well... I guess I don't have a choice. What exactly will I have to do?

Jungkook
All you have to do is just come with me for at least an hour then you can leave. Plus, if we're going to make this whole thing seem realistic, I'm going to have to touch you

Greta
Touch me? Like hold my hand?

Jungkook
Wow, you're innocent. Yeah sure... holding your hand

Greta
Wait am I missing something?

Jungkook
No, no, you're not. Anyway, what are you planning on wearing?

Greta
Umm jeans and a nice top?

Jungkook
Wtf no. If you're going to be my pretend date you're going to wear something good. Meet me tomorrow at Times Square at 12pm. We're going to get you something nice to wear

(A/N)
Hii. I hope you enjoyed the first chapter of this book :) I've been planning this for a few days now and I hope you like it. Sadly, I'm going back to school since the Christmas holidays are over. Even more sadly, publishing is going to be quite slow but I hope you think it's worth the wait :)) <3