9. Förgifta

The man exhaled, watching the window become less transparent as his mind was blinded with the blissful sound of rain drop meeting glass. Weak glimmers of the returning Sun radiating through the windscreen.

Seokjin wasn't exactly a morning person, especially with his partner Hoseok. Beckoned by the shrill of his phone only half an hour ago, still left in the dark regarding what this early dawn trip was about.

"Hoseok." Seokjin whined as Hoseok's grip continued to suffocate the steering wheel. "Just please tell me what this is about."

"No, I told you already, it's a surprise." He chirped back, his hand slicing into Seokjin's shoulder to try and defibrillate the older man into motion.

"Hey! Who told you that you could hit me?" He scolded. "If you weren't driving, I wouldn't hesitate to turn your ass black and blue." He pouted as he sank back into the raven leather seat of the car before finding himself being propelled forward, almost impacting with the dash board.

"We're here!" Hoseok effused, exposing his late Summer smile as his body swiftly hauled itself out of the dusk vehicle, Seokjin trailing behind.

Shuffling through the deep saturated earth, Seokjin's weighted eyes absorbed the scene, observing the saffron ribbon of police tape tremor in the slithering wind as the air illuminated with the dazzling flash of a camera every moment or so.

"What exactly happened here?" Seokjin questioned, his eyes still consuming the landscape of the scene.

"A man was walking his dog. His dog started to sniff around until it found a spot and started to dig." He lectured as they closed in on the scene, white masked figures surrounding the ditch in the earth. "Dog continues to dig until the owner spots a hand."

Just as the last words diffused into the atmosphere, Seokjin finally laid his eyes on the gift Hoseok had presented to him at this unholy hour.

His eyes amplified. "Is that—"

"Kim Jisu."

*******

Deserting the densely packed hall, Greta found herself kneeling by the bowl of the toilet, the abhorrent smell only adding to the nausea that had invaded her body. The catalyst of the police finding his body being the culprit.

It's all over.

I'm going to prison.

My life is over.

The front had been serene and still for weeks. She should had foreseen this event stampeding towards her, ready to crush her under its force. No matter how much solace wrapped in the velvet-like material of love and affection Jungkook would drown her in, she had to remember what she had done.

She had killed someone.

And now she had to finally pay the price of her sin.

Expelling the poisonous feeling again as a whine cut through her lightly laboured breaths.

"Greta? Are you in here?" A voice wondered, immediately being recognised as Jungkook's.

"Y-Yeah... j-just wait outside for me." She choked out as the toilet flushed, soon meeting her abused reflection, trying to stitch it into something remotely humane.

Splashing the water in her burning face, feeling the ice-like temperature slither through her fingers, looking up at the reflection again. She didn't see herself in the mirror.

She saw the girl who Jeongho warned she would turn into.

A broken sinner illustrated by Jeon Jungkook.