4. 毒

Tanned by the scorching slithers of flames from hell, concealing soil staining her skin, which even her former innocent tears couldn't wash away.

A familiar ache slithering through her muscles as the duet of sinners had seemed to be digging against the only just thawing ground for hours. Greta always had an imagination blessed with the ability of soaring over the boundaries of reality. Yet, not even her insatiable taste for something beyond the laws of fiction could have ever imagined herself burying a dead body with Jungkook. Especially the body of Kim Jisu.

She looked over her shoulder, over the horizon of the broken ground to see Jisu's body, shrouded in the ghastly silk white. The shadow of his life already seeming to haunt her.

"This is deep enough." He forced out through ocean-like breaths, the invading odour of bleach still leeching on her senses as she hauled herself out of the pit.

Sighing as he bent over, wrapping his hands around the top of the corpse, almost suffocating the cloth with his grip as he looked up at her.

"Amaro... you're going to have to help me throw him in." He spoke out, voice seeming blind to the situation that surrounded them. As her answer only came in the form of silence, Jungkook impaled his voice into the tranquility. "Come on. We don't have all night!" Jungkook dictated firmly, forcing Greta to hesitantly coil to the body and pick it up.

Before she could accept the scenario she found herself in, Jisu's body had already collided with the slowly solidifying core of the pit. The slam sending a stinging strike of electricity through her.

Only as Jungkook's shovel started to camouflage Jisu's white silk coffin with the dark brown blood of the Earth, did the fact that she had killed someone finally hit her.

*******

Yet again, she found herself in silence. Praying for the rain to flood the city so that the echo of dew drops could fill this ringing silence, and perhaps wash away her guilt.

Veins almost breaking out from his skin as his hands encircled the steering wheel, his mouth twitching with nerves almost as if he wanted to say something.

"H-how do you know that no one will find out about this?" She found herself spilling out, surprised at her voice interrupting the whispering engine's calls.

He looked towards her, only for a moment as his eyes recoiled back to the coal-like road.

"Because we have an alibi." He replied without any hesitation in his tone.

"Being at a p-party isn't a good enough a-alibi... no one could s-say that they s-saw us." She protested, her voice slowly gaining sonority, her tripping words slowly becoming rarer in their existence.

Looking over at him waiting for his reply, she saw a small, yet still devilish smirk hang from his lips. "Yeah... But they can say that they heard us."

Greta laces her eyebrows together in confusion, not exactly understanding the encrypted message of his words. Seeing her with that puzzled gaze forced a small chuckle out of him before he answered.

"I may—or may not have been playing porn at full volume on my speaker in the room while we were out, pretending that it was us." He responded, looking over as he awaited the satisfying wave of rose-pink to burn in her cheeks.

"P-porn?!" She choked out. "W-why the hell would you do that!?" Greta spat back as her hand collided with his shoulder, the muscle making him numb to her pathetic strength.

"Hey! What's better? People thinking that you and I were having sex or people thinking that you killed Jisu?" He protested, seeming to seal her still trembling blush-tinted lips with his words. "Can you really not imagine having sex with me?" He puzzled suddenly at her, genuine curiosity swimming in his eyes.

"I-I—" She started to say before slamming her lips together, not wanting this conversation to continue. "J-just... drop me home please... I want to forget about this." She sighed, looking out of the passenger window, running into her filthy reflection glaring back at her.

"Are you seriously that naïve, Amaro? You can't just forget about this... you killed a person and I helped you." He suddenly blurted out, frustration saturating his voice.

"S-speaking of which... why exactly d-did you help me?" She asked, a minuscule sheepish smile seeming to mask the sinful smirk he had just a moment ago.

"B-because... Amaro..." He stumbled out, the first time he had stuttered on his words in what seemed like years. "A girl like you doesn't belong in prison... a-and besides... you were just protecting yourself."

"But that's b-besides the point." He suddenly interrupted himself, the old blackmailing Jungkook reclaiming his body. "You and I have to stick together now, making sure we don't spill anything to anyone. So that means you sticking with me in school as well as outside." He started to flood out, Greta barely being able to catch on to his plan as she felt herself drowning in his voice.

"H-hold on... how is this going to stop us from getting caught?" She puzzled.

"It just will okay! Can't you just trust me?" He argued, shooting her into silence again as Greta simply nodded in reply, clearly seeing the burning blood rush through him.

*******

Jungkook
Tonight was really fun, we should do it again ;)

If not for their conversation she had forced to involve herself in before Jungkook dropped her home, Greta would have been very concerned. Against her will, she agreed that they would continue their performance of being together, only in order to keep their alibi afloat for a while.

She was timid in her reply, feeling a grimace spread across her face as she slowly, but surely replied.

Greta
:) Yeah we should

Jungkook
I'll try and be a bit more gentle with you next time baby <3

Greta
Okay good :)

Jungkook
Meet me tomorrow?

Greta
I can't I have swim training to go to ;(

Jungkook
Aww ;'( Fine then... meet me at school on Monday :) I have a surprise for you

(A/N)
Hiiiii, hope you enjoyed another chapter <3 I know, not an awful lot happened and that it was a bit shorter than the previous chapters but I wanted to just do an introduction to the next part and also focus on Greta and Jungkook's relationship before the storm of drama rolls in lol.
Hopefully I'll yeet out another chapter before the end of the week, maybe two if I'm feeling cheeky ;)))