22. Poizina

No longer did the apartment hold onto its warm, classical feeling, for now she knew the monster that inhabited its walls. Now, it felt haunted with the memories of the Taehyung she thought she knew.

He placed himself parallel to her, no child-like grin insight as all she could see on his face was the smug smirk, making her skin shudder at the fact that she had thought she was safe here.

Yet, she had been resting in the den of a killer.

"W-why did you do it?" She asked, pressing herself closer together, collapsing in on herself as she tried to hide her thundering heart.

"Why do you think?" He almost snapped back, his posture carved into one that resembled an unbothered character.

She gulped. "I-I don't know... I-I-I'm guessing Jisu d-did something to Moon." She hesitantly spoke out, trying to escape Taehyung's carnivorous line of vision.

He scoffed, baring his teeth into an attempt of a smile before slamming his hands into the coffee table bordering Greta's body. The explosive sound burning her ears.

"Jisu was the one that caused us to crash." He almost snarled, no longer composing himself into the sweet, pure character he had presented himself as before to the world. "We went to the party. Jisu purposefully got me wasted so that Moon would have to drive me home. Being the kind girl she was... she did... b-but Jisu volunteered to help her."

"I was laid out in the back seat, feeling like shit as Moon drove and Jisu sat in the passenger seat. I may have been out of my mind drunk... but I saw what I saw. Jisu kept on flirting with her. Touching her. Telling her that she should give up on me." He explained as the predator stance slowly drowned in his saline tears.

"He just wouldn't stop. She continued to push him away and told him to stop. She took her eyes off the road for a second, but that one moment where she was distracted because of Jisu, the car practically swerved into the side of the bridge. Jisu and I somehow survived... but Moon died on impact." He continued in his depressing monologue.

"My parents and his covered it up. I-I... I was too entrapped in my own depression to even be angry at him. Yet... that changed. I heard about all the things he did... to Micha, to Miki and all of those other girls. Despite what he did to Moon... he continued to abuse girls... so... I finally decided it was enough... I brought some of the paint from the school... knowing it was poisonous and slipped it into his drink before he went up to see you." He narrated, finally reaching the conclusion.

She was left paralysed in his words.

She couldn't believe it.

"W-Why are you telling me t-this?" She puzzled. "I-I could go to the police a-and tell them what you just told me." She stuttered out, heart contracting at a deadly pace as he grew closer to her.

"Because my dear Greta." He almost purred out, guiding a lost strand of her hair behind her ear. "I know you won't tell anyone... because you know I did the right thing."

"Jisu deserved to die." He spoke out, voice detached from the actions he had confessed to.

"But Jungkook didn't deserve to go to prison for something he didn't do." She replied as she recoiled from him, pulling herself away from his venomous touch.

He chuckled, eyes following an arch as his tongue ran against his bottom lip. "Jungkook needed to learn a lesson... plus... he was just an obstacle... I needed to get rid of him." He continued through a smirk, continuing to stalk over to her body.

Before Greta could even bring herself to stand, Taehyung had already slithered his hands around her wrists, keeping her caged under his body.

"Stop. Just stop! Why can't you just be happy with me instead of him?" He begged, the desperation laced in his voice only making her wanted to escape more than she had done before. His hands ran down her figure. "He doesn't deserve y—." He paused.

He strayed from her eyes, looking down at the material he had just passed, brushing his fingers over it again, slowly realising what was truly going on.

"You were right... I won't tell the police... because they've been listening the entire time." She whispered, not being able to stop the smug smile run across her lips as Taehyung's eyes landed on the bugging device hidden underneath her clothing.

Before any emotion could crawl across Taehyung's face, the front door fell, impacting harshly with the ground. A flood of uniformed officers swarmed into the apartment, rays of artificial light blinded the two as Taehyung soon found his arms disabled by the metal rings he had so desperately run from.

"Kim Taehyung, you're under arrest for the murder of Kim Jisu. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law." The unknown officer dictated, pulling Taehyung as Greta stood to her feet, watching as Taehyung was dragged away.

Yet, when she met with his face again, there was something that shook her to the core.

A smirk.

He had planned something.

*******

Jungkook strolled hesitantly back into his cell, the cold air hitting his skin, causing the poorly treated cuts to strike a piercing sting into his nervous system.

Seething as he placed himself on the bed, a metal tray slid into his line of vision. A bowl of a grey, nearly brown mixture, seeming to be an attempt of porridge sat solemnly on the tray.

"Eat." The guard almost growled, meeting his baton with the blue shedding bars, sparing him a glare before continuing his rounds.

He brought the tray to his lap, slowly scooping a spoon of the unknown cuisine, bringing it to his mouth. Instant regret infected his senses as his taste buds absorbed the foul taste.

Without a choice, he swallowed, his face unable to hide the disgust on his face.

Just as he thought he had prepared himself to take another bit, something suddenly drew his attention. Body falling to a fatigue-like state as he felt his breath draw short, the rhythm of his heart losing its familiar beat as it slowly fell into chaos.

He soon collided with the grey-stone floor, drawing in ocean-like breaths and yet feeling no release of inspiration.

That's when it hit him.

He had been poisoned.

Utilising the fading energy that still graced his body, he threw the tray, trying to form some noise which would draw someone's attention, the attention his voice failed to attract.

Yet.

It was too late.

As everything fell into dusk, the light fading quickly.

(A/N)
Oooooooo double update :))) I guess I was just really excited for you to find out who did it
Also I'm sorry to say but the next chapter that comes out will be the VERY LAST chapter of Veleno which is REALLY REALLY sad
I hope you've enjoyed it
Also quick question
What would you actually rate this book out of 10?
I'm curious... ;)