19. Kaona

"What are you doing?" Jungkook spoke.

Greta's heart contracted as she moved her head hesitantly towards him, his image spilling into her burning eyes. No emotion painted in his features, not a single translatable shade of feeling swimming in his eyes.

"Jimin called me." She broke in, her tremor cursed fingers slithering around the neck of the poison.

"Why?" He questioned, a faux mask of confusion falling on his features.

She scoffed. "Don't act as if you don't know."

"Jimin told me you framed him." She continued as she lifted herself up, her grip threatening to shatter the glass bottle hidden by her body.

"A-and you believed him?" He broke out in a huff, her words clearly burning through his diminishing tether to ash as if she were composed of gasoline and naked flames.

"I didn't want to believe him! B-but how could I not when I find this?" She snapped back as the bottle consorted into his view. "What the hell have you been using this for, Jungkook?" She interrogated.

His previously abrasive words burned into a memory as his eyes met with the dark stare of the bottle. Words tripping over each other on his tongue until he fell to a mute state.

Silence answered her question.

"Why... w-why did you do it?" She asked.

He sighed, finger rummaging through his already disheveled hair as his body threatened to flee the room. "Why do you think, Greta?" His voice erupted, his tone catalysing the girl to recoil from his figure.

"They were getting closer and closer to finding out what we did! And once they found about that, they wouldn't hesitate to put us both in prison! Do you think I would want that for us?!" He continues to retort, the cruel, knife-like words cutting into her. "I'm not going to let you two rot in prison for something you didn't do." He thawed out, the still burning voice present.

She stood there silent as she took in his words, knowing that ingesting his words was just asking to be poisoned again.

"Y-Yeah... for something I didn't do... b-but something you did." She spoke out as she met with his eyes.

His eyes widened. "W-Wait—What? Y-you think I killed Jisu?"

"I guess I do!" She flared, the words spilling from her lips no longer seeking the approval of her mind as it charred into something foreign and untameable. "After what Jimin told me... about your fight with Jisu... you being the last person to talk to him before he died in the room with me... I-I wouldn't be surprised."

It scared her.

It scared her how quickly emotions could freeze and inflame into new ones.

Now feeling her anger glaciate into the form of saline tears meandering down her cheeks, earning Jungkook's attention in a single heart beat.

"Greta—." He spoke smoothly, reaching out for her, only to find her recoil.

"Don't—don't touch me." She choked out, ruby strikes running through her eyes like lightning as she attempted to retreat from the man.

"I-I—." She attempted to speak, only sealing her eyes closed as she tried to conjure the words. Opening her eyes to meet with Jungkook's sombre, dejected landscape.

She craved to rush back to him. Wanting to be accepted by his arms.

But she was no longer going to ingest his venom.

She wasn't going to crawl back to his jaws.

"Don't follow me... don't contact me otherwise—I will call the police and I won't hesitate to tell them what you did." She concluded as Greta blasted through the room, hauling all of her visible belongings in her bag before fleeing the apartment, feeling relief as she met no resistance from him.