8. 毒物

She found herself settled on a deep mahogany stool, tattooed with splashes of chromatic oils and paints as it resided in the art room.

It had started with her simply just gazing over the sky of images that Taehyung had brought to life with just a mundane brush. Yet, conversation and admiration led to Taehyung's mind coveting to bring Greta's image into his world of art.

"You know..." Taehyung's voice interposed as his head materialised from behind the frost-like canvas, easily winning her attention. "Jungkook's really changed since he started to go out with you." He simply commented as his eyes returned to the canvas, the image on there still being a mystery to the girl.

"Why would you say that?" She puzzled, eyebrows furrowed.

"Well... Jungkook was just being a constant bully before and more importantly, on a new girl almost every two weeks." He sighed. "But then, once he started to crush on you and eventually went out with you... he become a lot more... s-soft and... well I guess nice." He guessed as his shoulders ascended in a shrug.

She smiled to herself, the memories of Jungkook swirling around in her mind until she analysed the words Taehyung had spoke.

Once he started to crush on you and eventually went out with you.

No mind beyond the borders of Jungkook and her relationship knew that their relationship was faux only until a few nights ago. Taehyung was still under the influence of the lies they had told, believing that they had been going out for weeks.

"W-Wait... when did Jungkook start having a crush on me?" She asked.

He bit his lip, looking back in thought, searching for the answer. "I don't know... maybe about a month or two back."

Before she could even react, she found the scene between her and Taehyung discontinued with the short, yet thundering call from her phone. Throwing her in motion again, hunting for her phone until her fingers met with the metal, seeing the message.

Jungkook
Where are you???

Greta
I'm with Taehyung

Jungkook
What? Why??

Greta
I ran into him and we started to talk. Anyway, where are you?

Jungkook
Just meet me by the main entrance now

*******

"First it was Jimin... and now you're running off to Taehyung. You know... since you're my girlfriend now, you shouldn't be flirting with other guys." He jeered as she grew closer to him in the scarce corridor.

"J-Jungkook, I already told— whatever it doesn't matter... what does matter is that the police are investigating Jisu's disappearance." She snapped back, not even her anxiety being able to manifest into a force powerful enough hijack her body from her vexation. "They're eventually going to realise that he's—"

His melting pupils curled in the white landscape of his eyes before he slithered his fingers around her baggy jumper masked waist, causing her body to smash into Jungkook's solid one.

"You know, if you keep on shouting it out, I'm not going to be the only one to hear it." He hushed in her ear, warm breath sliding against her goosebump bejewelled skin.

"Maybe I should make you shout out something else instead." He continued to whisper, Greta failing to notice the poisonous smirk being painted across his face.