20. შხამი

The day had finally brought itself to the present after months of waiting.

Jungkook's trial.

If it hadn't had been for the fact that she was a crucial witness, Greta would have never dared to draw herself that close to Jungkook again. With everyday she spent away from him, the higher the evidence against him towered, casting a shadow over the man she thought she knew.

"Hey." A deep voice interjected. "You alright?"

"Y-Yeah... thanks Tae." Greta threw a reassuring smile in reply.

As soon as the handcuffs had clicked around Jungkook's wrists, Taehyung had already offered Greta a sanctuary in his abode. Surprisingly, she found herself thaw into his home, more so than she had ever grown her roots into Jungkook's.

Something about the classical decor and smooth verdant carpets made Greta feel safe. Numbing the agonising memory of Jungkook in her mind.

Yet, she knew she couldn't hallucinate forever in the narcotic of Taehyung's kindness. She was the only person who could allow Jungkook's punishment to manifest into reality.

Dawn's paints spilled over the sky earlier that day, summoning Greta to awaken and prepare herself for the long gruelling day awaiting her, pulling her back into the drowning ocean of Jungkook.

The court was flooded with figures, exclusive conversations accumulating into a storm of mumbles racing throughout the air, blinding every sense she had. Shots of light already casting shadows around the wood-lined room from the corner hoarded with the press, scavenging for a witness to exploit.

"You know you don't have to do this, Greta." Taehyung let out through an almost child-like pout, earning a huff from the girl.

"I do though, Tae." She cut in before Taehyung could say anymore. "He killed Jisu, framed Jimin for it amongst so many other illegal things... I'm not going to let my nerves get in the way of him getting what he deserves."

As Taehyung was drawing in a breath, trying to protest against her resolved mind, Greta had already slithered into the vexed ocean of people, slipping into one of the first rows. Following her in suit.

"Namjoon told me he's estimated for life imprisonment... d-do you think they'll really sentence him for that long?" He hesitated, revising the wandering look in her eyes, trying not to pull at the strings of her already collapsing emotions.

"He's still young... b-but... he's shown his true colours... and his age isn't going to stop the jury or the judge from punishing him." She replied, tone detached from the environment that engulfed her.

The room suddenly found itself suffocated into a agonising ring of tranquillity, not a single breath expired into the motionless atmosphere as Greta's eyes ran wild through the landscape, looking for the origin of the silence.

Hands snarled by rings of metal as the foreign version of Jungkook was escorted into the room by two largely built guards.

Soul seeming to have strayed from his body, wrapped in a navy suit, clearly an attempt to stitch him together into something seemingly mundane.

Yet, their attempt came to nothing.

Greta saw it all.

The fear.

The desolation.

It was all ornamented in his gaze.

It almost made her regret ever allowing herself to spread their infectious tragedy, now that she had seen the way the past few months had carved him into a roaming corpse.