سم .11

She couldn't do it at home.

A drowning raven shadow of anxiety overcasting her mind. Multiple rivers of time meandered through her exhausted eyes, the majority reflecting Jeongho and Maria uncovering the secret no other soul knew, not even Jungkook.

Delivered in an innocent oak painted cardboard that morning, quickly being entrapped in Greta's bag as she escaped into the woodlands of capitalism.

Trying to camouflage herself amongst the late morning commuters, war erupting from the rampaging sliver of people when they collided into each other. Forbidden words raced through the air as Greta took asylum in the aesthetically indulging café.

Dark mahogany and white stone clashed into a perfect composition of colour, the warm perfume of coffee not bringing Greta to a halt as she occulted herself in the shield of the toilets.

Following every demand and standard the box dictated in order to get the right results, soon discovering herself waiting for the screen to be dyed with the words that would repossess the reigns of her life that Jungkook had stolen from her.

Knee jumping up and down constantly as the nerves slowly started to manifest minds of their own when a small yet daunting beep shot her into silence.

She looked down.

Pregnant
>1 month

Fuck.

*******

She left the borderline abused bathroom, not the same person as before.

The alarming fact that she wasn't alone feasted on her sanity. Her mind craved the release that she would awake from this torturous dream, releasing her vision to absorb in the world that didn't involve this mistake.

Lust manifests the greatest fallacies of us after all.

Jeongho's words ran wild in her mind, proving that his limited mind had foretold this event forging into reality. She always had a part of her screaming to make the divine influence craving Jungkook to stop, knowing he would ruin her.

Yet, she had never expected him to ruin her in this way.

Without warning, a figure silenced the ravenous thoughts in her mind.

Micha.

Dark ash hair collapsing into a perfectly chaotic bun, lurching over her small facial features. A galaxy of freckles painted on her cheeks as her late day eyes purely rested on the cash register.

"M-Micha." Greta call out in a reserved volume, catalysing Micha's head to turn in her direction.

"Oh, hi Greta." She smiled lightly, the opposite to what swam in her eyes as Greta ventured closer to the girl. "What can I get you today?" She spoke, seeming to conjure some emotion into the mechanically manufactured sentence.

"I'm not here for coffee. I need to talk to you... about-about Jisu." She trailed off, Jisu's name being disguised in an encrypted undertone.

She sighed, the amiable barista seeming to leave with her exhale, being exchanged with the girl who was done with hearing that boy's name. "Look, I'm at work. This—."

"I promise you this will take literally no time at all." Greta cut in, desperation leaking from her figure. "I'll buy something if I have to."

"Fine... what do you want?" She forced out of her nude lips.

"Caramel blend... c-cream, not coffee, please." She answered, earning a nod before Micha started retrieving the ingredients and pre-made blends.

"Did you go to Goobin's with Jisu?" She asked, leaning over the counter as she observed the girl prepare the drink.

"Of course I did... then again that was a mistake." She scoffed through a painful smile. "He just used me as his last resort if he didn't get laid at a party."

"Wait... Jisu was cheating on you? And you knew?" She puzzled as Micha turned to her, the memories teasing flames at her clearly short tether.

"Yes, I knew. Everyone knew, because, Greta, he's a—was a serial cheater. He loved it. The thrill of the chase and worst of all, he adored it when I caught him." She swore out, her movements with the equipment slowly becoming more harsh. "I ended up spending only 10 minutes there. I wasn't exactly in the party mood when he was already looking for girls to fuck as soon as we got in."

Micha slid the cold, iced beverage across the counter, a clearly unamused expression infecting her face. "Now, if that's all you need to ask... that's 5400 won."

Just as her hands slid into her pockets for the money, a question suddenly dazzled in her mind, begging to be asked. "Actually... I have one more question."

Micha hesitantly nodded as her arms folded.

"Did Jisu get into trouble with other guys? As in... if he slept with their girlfriends?" She questioned.

"Yeah of course he did. Do you know how many guys swore they would kill him? I'm not surprised he got murdered." She sighed.

"Could you give me some names?" She further interrogated, failing to notice the dancing shadow that formed around her.

"I don't remember you joining the homicide department." A familiar voice interrupted, Greta twisting with a crashing heart to find Yoongi and Namjoon.

"Oh, detective Min and Kim. Hello." She greeted softly as she bowed, trying to stop her nerves from puppeteering her body into a guilty portrait. "I was just asking something... about Jisu."

"Why is that? You think you have a lead?" Yoongi smirked, titling his head to obtain a better angle of the girl.

"Well, not a lead, more of possible motive." She mumbled, barely being able to remain in the gaze of the two men. "But, what do I know? I better get going, we all have places to be." She chuckled, a nervous tone clear in her voice as she gifted them a polite bow before leaving with her drink.

Leaving only a vexed girl and two suspicious men as her trail.

*******

Breathing out as she quietly closed the door behind her, she had returned home sooner than she had anticipated. Telling Jeongho the fictitious story that she was meeting with a friend.

As she slowly strolled to her room, she thought about how she would tell Jungkook about what she had discovered not too long ago.

The daunting possibility that he might leave her, abandoning her with the mistake they had made. Yet, she didn't want to entrap him like so many people had done to her.

She didn't want to be his burning chains.

"J-Jeongho!" A foreign voice moaned out, hauling Greta out of her self-destructive thoughts and into the reality that engulfed her.

She neared the sound, a repetitive creak bouncing against the wall as it slowly became lost in the sounds of heavy breaths.

Grimacing as the realisation struck her, she slowly retreated from the origin of the sound before one crucial detail slit her heart from her body.

Maria had gone to Ilsan for a conference, meaning the pleasured calls of the woman in there was not her mother.

Jeongho was having an affair.

(A/N)
Hola amigos :) I hope you enjoyed the chapter and I'm happy to say that I might be publishing more now since I really want to finish this story for you lot since you seem to be really enjoying it.
So for once some stuff ACTUALLY HAPPENED.
What do you think about it all? lol