Chapter 8: the game

"OH MY GOD!" I yelled "ITS GAME DAY!" "Y/n! Calm down!" My Mom yelled from the other room. I apologized as I put on my favourite song and got ready. (Play song) I must of had it to loud before while I was packing away my volleyball stuff in my bag sal came knocking on the door. "Y/n! It's 6:30 in the morning! Why is the music this loud?" I looked at him in disbelief at what he said "did you forget? It's game day!" He gasped and said "oh yeah!" And soon enough we were dancing around in my room to the music not caring if we woke everyone up in the building. I heard a static noice come from his walkie talkie and a sleepy voice said "what is going on up there sal?" I took the walkie talkie out of sals hand and said "it's game day! Did you forget?" I then heard a bunch of moving and soon my front door slammed right open. "Let's do this!" Yelled Larry and after a while of dancing around we laid down on my bed in exhaustion. My mom knocked on my door and said "if you guys are done waking up the whole building, I made waffles for you guys." We stuffed our faces with waffles and headed out the door to school.

Time skip

I walked into the building and got greeted by my teammates "ready to win today captain!" "You know it!" I yelled at them while walking over to my locker. Sal went to his locker and Larry came to mine. I never actually asked him if he was coming to my game or not "are you coming to the game?" He looked at me shocked and said "duh! I would never miss my girls game." He said with a kiss on the cheek. The  rang and we went to our own classes.

The rest of the day went peaceful and soon it was game time. I meet my team on the benchs and we started getting warmed up. Our enemies didn't look that strong so I already knew we were going to be playing against a weaker team.

Larrys prov:

As me Sally, and the whole gang walked into the gym we were greeted with people on the benches holding signs with our schools name and colours on it. Our school is huge in sports and while I'm searching the court to find y/n. And there she is. She is busy digging the ball while her partner is hitting it at her. After a while of watching her ass- I mean her face! The game had started. The whole team did a cheer and she yelled so loud but all I could think about was damn I wish I could make her yell like that.

Y/n prov:

The game was going amazing we were up by 10 points and I could feel the adrenaline coursing through my body making my hands and legs shake. I'm in the power position and front room the ball goes to middle and I just in the air and block it causing the crowd to go wild. But I go and look at Larry who is shooting and clapping same with the whole gang.

Time skip

The score was 24 to 15 and the ball came over the net to us, one of the plays digged it up and and the setter set it to me while I yelled mine and slammed it on the ground. The whole team came and ran towards me and we all celebrated I looked up at the stands and found Larry I looked at him and winked.

Time skip

Larrys prov:

Once the game was done the whole gang decided to go home but I wanted to wait for y/n so that's what I did. It was a bit uncomfortable to have some of the girls from the other team check me out, but at the same time gave me confidence. One of them walked up to me and said "hi I'm Sarah." I nodded and said "Larry." She got a little to close and said "that's a nice name. Can I get your number?" I laughed and said you wish while I pushed past her to get to y/n. I put my hand behind her neck and kissed her letting my tongue enter her mouth and soon after we parted away she was confused but noticed why I did it and laughed. I drove her home in the night while she drifted off to sleep.

Y/n prov:

I woke up with a small nudge on the shoulder and Larry saying "wake up baby." I woke up and grabbed my bags from the back and head into the building and to the elevator. "I'll see you tomorrow?" Larry says and I laugh and shake my bag and grab his arm and drag him into the elevator "what are you doing?" He asks "you are staying for dinner. I know my mom won't mind at all." We walked into my apartment "hey mom!" "Hey sweetie! How did your game go! I'm so sorry I couldn't come." She says I reassure her and say it's ok. She is a doctor so she works on tight schedule and can't always make it to my game. "Oh! Your Larry correct?" She says "yes I am Ms. L/n. I know we haven't officially meet." And stretches out his hand for her to shake it. "Mom is it ok if he stays for dinner?" I ask she answers very quick and says "of course! I was just going to order Chinese food you guys can do whatever you want! Just keep it clean!" Me and Larry laugh and agree and head to my room. As we walk in he says "wow your rooms pretty cool." "I guess" I say with a laugh. I have a few of my medals on my wall and a sanity poster. I have a tv in the corner of my room with two bean bags and a PS4 with a few games. "Wow almost looks like my room." He laughs I follow up with "yeah just mines a bit cleaner." And we both end up laughing. He starts digging through my video games and finds one called call of duty "wanna play?" He asks and I agree and we a little bit before the food came. We are our food and talked with my mom and I was so happy to see my mom happy. We head back to my room and sit in silence for a while till Larry asks a question I was praying he doesn't "where's your dad? If you don't mind me asking." I curl my hands into fists and get angry. I respond simply with "I don't know." He takes his hand in mine and says "it's ok you can tell me." I let out a shaky sigh and say "I actually dont know where my dad is. I refuse to have any connection with him. I caught him one day in bed with another women. Once I told my mom it was to late because they were already filing for divorce and he was going to marry her." Once I was finished Larry pulled me into a hug and said "it's ok." After a while of hugging we decided to watch a movie and of course it was a horror movie. My mom keeps Alcohol around the house and since we are both 16 she is ok with us drinking. So I go grab the beers Larry gets the chips and I get the popcorn. I grab a few blankets for us and once he gets back I get the movie started. We cuddle and soon enough I can tell he's asleep. I get up turn off  the movie and put the empty beer bottle away as well with the bag of chips. I curl back into bed and kiss his forehead and say "good night baby." Before drifting off to sleep.