Chapter Three: The Chocolate Competition

The next morning, Braedey woke to the rising sun, then he headed off downstairs to see his mother and Mary. As he does so, he noticed something going on outside. He opened the front door, looking outside, and saw it seemed like a regular day for everyone. With a shrug, he closed the door, and headed off to the kitchen.

"Who was at the door, Braedey?" Jessie asked, walking in from downstairs.

"Nobody. It was only me checking outside." Braedey replied to her. "So, anything to happen on the mind?"

"No. Not really." Mary shrugged. Then, she had an idea. "I have been thinking. Why don't you and Jessie go with Charlie to his school as guests? Maybe you could tell him more of those stories and adventures you have been on?"

"Sure. I mean, I wouldn't mind being with Charlie." Braedey shrugged, Jessie walking up from downstairs. "I mean, he's a great kid. He's got a heart of gold."

With that, Braedey switched into a new attire; a white shirt with a blue vest, dark denim jeans with a black belt, and biker boots, while Jessie had on a white dress with a blue bow in her hair, then the two began to make their way down to Charlie's house. As they does so, they met up with Charlie, the two exchanging some stories once in a while, until they arrived at Charlie's school. Braedey stood to the side of the classroom, and watched on from the sidelines.

"Charlie Bucket?" The teacher called out.

"Yes, Mr. Turkentine?" Charlie replied back.

"I need an assistant. Give me a hand." Mr. Turkentine asked, as Charlie walked up to the front desk. "We have nitric acid, glycerin, and a special mixture of my own. Together, it's dangerous stuff, blows you up. But mixed together right, as only I know how, what's it make?" He asked him.

"I don't know." Charlie shook his head.

"Of course not! Because only I know." Mr. Turkentine joked. "If you knew, you'd be teaching me instead of me teaching you. And for a student to teach his teacher is presumptuous. Is that clear?"

"Yes, sir." Charlie nodded.

"Good. Mixed together in the right way, these dangerous ingredients can make the finest wart remover." Mr. Turkentine said to him. "The trick is to pour equal amounts. Charlie, you take the nitric acid and glycerin, and I'll take my special mixture." The two pick up the elements in their flasks, and held it above the main large bowl. "Ready?" He asked Charlie, who nodded. "Good lad. Pour." The two pour the liquids into the bowl, which created a white cloud of smoke, as the class clapped at the small explosion.

"Did we do it wrong?" Charlie asked, waving his hand at the smoke.

Mr. Turkentine shook his head. "Certainly not. This is for big warts." He replied.

"That was really good." Jessie clapped her hands in agreement, before she was then interrupted by the noise of footsteps running outside the classroom.

"What in the name of Carol Shelby is going on out there?" Braedey walked over to the door, opening it to see children running down the hall. He stopped one child. "Hey! You! Come here! What's happening?" He asked him.

"Willy Wonka's opening his factory, and he's gonna let people in!" The kid said to the brunette.

"Are you sure?" Mr. Turkentine asked him in suspicion.

"He's giving lots of chocolate away!" The kid replied.

"Class dismissed!" Mr. Turkentine called to the class, as they prepared to get out of their seats.

"It's only for 7 people!" The kid said to him.

"Class un-dismissed." Mr. Turkentine stated reluctantly.

"He hid 7 Golden Tickets. Whoever finds them wins the prize." The kid clarifies for him.

"Where'd he hide them?" Braedey asked him.

"Inside 7 Wonka Bars. You must buy them." The kid replied, then headed off down the hall.

"Class re-dismissed!" Mr. Turkentine announced, as everyone bailed out of the classroom, following the others, all except for Charlie, Jessie, and Braedey; the former collecting his belongings at a slower pace, while the two of them waited for him.

"Didn't think people would be so stoked to see Mr. Wonka just like that." Braedey commented to Charlie. "It's like seeing their famous celebrities, all in one place at the exact same time."

Charlie shrugged to this statement. "You could say that." Jessie nodding her head in agreement.

"Come on, Charlie. Let's be on our way." Braedey said, then the trio head off for home.

~*~*~

"Now, details of the announcement that has captured the world's attention. Hidden among the billions of Wonka Bars are 5 Gold Tickets. And to the 5 peoplewho find them will come the most fabulous prize. A lifetime supply of chocolate. If this were not enough, each winner, before receiving his prize will be personally escorted..."

"We have reports; the response is phenomenal! Wonka Bars are disappearing at arate to boggle the mind. It is incredible the way Wonkamania has descended uponthe globe. While the world searches, we watch and wait, wondering where it will lead, and how long the spirit will hold up under the strain."

The news soon came all around the world, as the contest to locate the five Golden Tickets spreads around the whole of the planet. All across all the continents, from Japan to Paris, from New York and Los Angeles, and from Australia to Africa, people were buying Wonka bars right off the shelves in their dozens, all of them trying to find the five tickets in order to meet the man who sent them out.

Back home in Merrillville, Illinois, the information being all across the news, Chika and Tyler had been wondering who might win the competition, while Andrea was doing some calculations in order to figure out where the tickets end up, as James was in wonder of who this Willy Wonka might be. Karen, on the other hand, had been looking at her phone.

"So, who do you think might get those Golden Tickets?" Tyler asked the others, walking up from the kitchen.

"I'm not certain, but I think someone or more from maybe the USA, another from Germany, along with the United Kingdom." Chika guessed, writing it down on her notepad, while also doing some calculations with her calculator to try and guess.

"I wouldn't be surprised if Braedey got a Golden Ticket." Andrea spoke up, gesturing to the screen. "I mean, he's always had a bit of luck on his side, and I'm sure it could come around and be in handy, too."

"Andrea, you know Braedey doesn't deal with such mundane things like these competitions." Tyler scoffed. "I mean, it's a million-to-one chance for one person to find one of those tickets."

"Actually, more like a billion-to-one." Chika corrected to them. "But, it takes more than just luck to try and find something like those tickets."

"Still, it would be cool for Braedey to win one of those Golden Tickets." Tyler commented.

As of right now, the hunt for the Golden Tickets has begun...