Chapter Five: Down To The Wire

"Honestly, can you believe the first four children that found those Golden Tickets even getting into the factory in the first place? I mean, that Veruca brat must be driving her parents insane from her constant 'I want this' and 'I want that' nonsense."

At Mary's house later in the evening, Braedey, Jessie, Naomi, and Mary were currently talking to the others back gang via FaceTime on Mary's iPad, and they were currently talking about the three Golden Ticket winners.

"I agree with you there, Braedey." Andrea comments to the brunette. "I mean, when you were younger, you never did anything like that. You always asked 'Please' and 'thank you', and was always a good boy."

"That Gloop kid should really consider taking a diet or something." Tyler spoke up. "I mean, he must be feeling sick from eating so much."

"Now, can I talk about that Beauregarde girl?" Chika spoke up, getting everyone's attention. "How can she keep chewing a piece a gum for 3 whole months? I don't even understand it."

"I don't even chew gum because they lose their flavour too quickly, and plus, it's annoying to hear someone chew loudly right next to you." Braedey shuddered. "It's just downright disgusting."

"And plus, that Isabella girl, she must have something stuck up her butt, and she's nothing but an uptight little princess." Andrea spoke up, her voice laced with annoyance. "Still, who knows who will get the next three Golden Tickets."

"Okay. I think we should all get some shuteye and not worry about this for now." Naomi decided.

"Well, hope to hear from you guys later." Tyler called out.

"'Night all." James added.

With that, the call ended, as Braedey heads upstairs to get some shuteye with Jessie. As he does so, he looked over to the window, eyeing the chocolate factory in the distance. He could see the smoke rising from the chimneys, along with the 'Wonka' name on the main chimney shining against the darkness around it.

"If you were to find one of them, it be for the both of us. I'll be with you, even if I'm not there." Charlie's words then echoed in his head, making him remember their talk earlier this afternoon.

Braedey breathed a small sigh, then headed off to sleep, unaware of what is currently happening around the world, and the contest is still going on.

'On a side note, I think the gold makes the chocolate taste terrible.' He thought to himself, a small smirk appearing on his face.

~*~*~

"While the world searches, here, it has actually happened. There's only oneGolden Ticket left in the entire world." A reporter announced on the TV the next morning. "Because right here, in Marble Falls, Arizona, is lucky winner number five! The name to be heard around the universe is Mr. Mike Teevee!"