Chapter Ten: The Inventing Room

The lights suddenly flashed on. Everyone say they were now in a completely different room, far from the Chocolate Room. They were nearby some kind of dock, with a locked door nearby, and it was strange.

"We're there." Mr. Wonka told them.

"Where?" Mrs. TeeVee asked in confusion.

"Here. A small step for mankind, but a giant step for us." Mr. Wonka said to them. "All ashore!" He announced.

Everyone immediately began to get off the boat. They didn't want to stay another moment on the Wonkatania, and wanted to stay on solid ground.

"Let me off this freight!" Mt. Beauregarde mumbled to everyone.

"Why don't they show that stuff on TV?" Mike asked his mother.

"I don't know." Mrs. TeeVee replied.

"What a nightmare." Mr. Salt mumbled.

"Daddy, I do not want a boat like this." Veruca said quietly to her father.

"That's the first thing she's ever said that she doesn't want." Andrea commented quietly to her mother.

Braedey, Jessie, and Naomi climbed off last, with Andrea and Jasmine, the former two looking down the tunnel they came down. "Did we... did we see what we think we saw?" Jessie asked her brother, as she noticed something nearby, Naomi following her.

"I hope not." Braedey muttered. He then noticed Jessie and Naomi looking over at a door. "What the...." He saw there were some cream names written on the door for Store Doom No. 54.

"Dairy Cream..."
"Whipped Cream..." Jessie added.
"Coffee Cream..." Naomi continued.
"Vanilla Cream..." Braedey added.

The three stop when they saw the last selection of cream, making them look to the name, then to one another. "Hair Cream?" They asked one another in unison, then they walk back to the rest of the group.

Mr. Wonka soon began to speak in another language, which was German, not French, as he began to undo the locks to what was named as the Inventing Room.

"The Inventing Room." Mr. Wonka opened the doors after finally speaking English. He stopped everyone before they go inside. "Now remember, no touching, no tasting, no telling."

"No telling what?" Andrea wondered. "Or who?"

"You see." Mr. Wonka began to explain. "All of my most secret inventions are cooking and simmering in here. Old Slugworth would give his false teeth to get inside for just five minutes, so don't touch a thing!"

With that, everyone stepped inside, and began to take a look with wonder and curiosity of the unusual inventing room. It was rather unique in some ways, while also being weird and odd. There were some Oompa Loompas working nearby, checking on some of the machinery, while they made some chugging and low whistle sounds.