13. The Right Kind of Wrong (HP fan fiction) by fallenbabybubu

Author's Own Blurb:

What happens if you fall in love with the one you've hated since the moment you two have met? What will you do if he starts to fall in love with you, too? And you get a mystery kiss in the library without knowing who with. Then, you start getting love letters from a secret admirer. Out of nowhere, there's a silent attraction between you and your mortal enemy! Your family and friends hates his family and friends. So how will you deal with it? Life's hard. But life's harder if you fall in love with someone you shouldn't. __________________________ Scorpius Malfoy, son of Draco Malfoy, restored his family's status in the Wizarding World. The dark days are over now. But that doesn't mean that the Gryffindor-Slytherin hatred vanished. They still competed in academics and sports. Scorpius grew up to be the cleverest in their year. No, wait. He wasn't the only one. Rose Weasley, daughter of Ron and Hermione Weasley, is also clever. Both of them have been neck and neck in everything. They always badger and get on each other's nerves. But there was a silent attraction that both of them knew, though none of them spoke about. It wasn't until in their fifth year in Hogwarts that Scorpius realize just how much 'serious' this silent attraction can be. And he'll do everything to stop himself for falling for the enemy. The question now is, can he?

====================

The Right Kind of Wrong is another story that Ms. Jhing Bautista (unknowingly) gave me.  Kasama ito ng Hoy Chua! sa list of Recommended Stories niya.  Nasabi ko na dati pero inuulit ko ulit dito, maraming mga magagandang kuwento doon sa listahang iyon.  

Noon pa man gustong-gusto ko na itong ilagay dito sa listahan pero hindi ko nga lang magawa kasi I thought foreigner ang author nito.  Thanks kay FMharru and itinama niya ang mali kong akala. I can still remember the high I felt when I learned that I could feature this work here.  At the same time, slightly napahiya ako sa aking sarili for being too lazy to research the author of this work.  I hope sa iba pang mga likha, this won't happen again.  Na malampasan ko ang mga likhang magugustuhan ko sa pag-aakalang hindi sila likhang Pinoy tapos malalaman ko sa huli na Proudly Pinoy pala.  

Anyway,it's finally here, where it belongs :-)  Yay!

I really like the  title of this story.  Librong-libro talaga ang dating.  Nakakatawag pansin talaga.  Kaya lang, nang mabasa ko na ang blurb medyo bahagya akong napaatras at nagdalawang-isip kung babasahin ko nga ba ito o huwag na lang.  May dalawa kasing marka laban sa pagbabasa ko ng kuwentong ito:

1) Romeo&Juliet pattern:  Wala akong pakialam sa sinasabi nilang theirs is the greatest romance story of all time.  I'm not a believer.  Hindi ko gusto ang ending noon.  Aside from namatay sila, namatay sila nang walang katuturan.  How can a tragic ending like that be the greatest romance of all time?  

2)It's a fan fiction:  Alam kong maraming mga readers ang napapabasa ng mga kuwento dahil sa fanfic.  Unfortunately, I'm not one of those. Ang usual ko kasing nagiging problema dati sa fanfic is because ang mga characters pina-partner up sa villain or with some other persons.  Madalas, kahit gaano kaganda ang pagkakasulat, hindi ko siya fully ma-enjoy kasi nadidistract ako sa little voice inside my head that screams that what I'm reading is out of order.  May pagka-OCD nga siguro talaga ako.  I want things in my world to be in their proper places.  This includes the character I read and watch.  Kaya nga it would take me a long while to adjust to a new character that my fave actor or actress plays.  For example, the actress that plays Dr. Isles sa Rizzoli&Isles series ay ang dating Secret Service agent sa NCIS series na namatay.  Noong 1st season ng Rizzoli&Isles, hindi ako sa kanya makarelate kasi nga stuck na siya sa brain ko as the Secret Service agent sa NCIS.  Now, can you see what I mean about fanfic?

In the end pinursue ko pa rin siyang basahin, thinking na if hindi ko magustuhan ang first chapter, I could always drop it.  Buti na lang, I went against my instict.  If hindi, I would have missed one of the best fanfic story I've ever read.

Fallenbabybubu (and her partner) skillfully worked around my issues.  First, sa aspeto ng feuding family of the two characters.  Hindi siya masyadong nagfocus doon.  Ginamit niya lang ang feud as a backstory to better help us imagine their situation and the kind of relationship they have.  I think it helped na alam naman nating lahat ang history ng mga Malfoy at Weasley.  Weh?!  Hindi mo alam?  Hindi ako maniwala.  It's not just possible na nagbabasa ka ng Wattpad tapos wala kang idea sa mundo ni Harry Potter.

Next, the author(s) gave me a familiar world in the form of the Harry Potter setting kaya hindi na ako nahirapang mag-imagine and at the same time she served me a new set of characters na wala akong prior history with.   This technique bypassed my sense of wrongness kasi wala akong prior assumptions and images about the characters.  It's familiar enough to be comforting and different enough to be interesting. 

I would spend the bulk of my review on the characterization dahil, para sa akin, iyon ang strength ng kuwentong ito.  So far, ito ang isa sa mga kuwentong nabasa ko dito sa Wattpad na nangunguna sa ganda ng pagkakabalangkas ng mga characters, especially ng main characters.  All throughout the story, they stayed true.  Walang out of character na nangyari.  Amazing really.

Nakakatuwa. Habang binabasa ko ang kuwento naiisip ko na the authors must be Team Hermione-Draco. You can see a bit of Draco in Scorpius and a bit of Hermione in Rose.  But, by the end of the day, both are their own persons.  Pero while reading hindi mahirap imagine-in that it is JK Rowling herself who drafted the characters.  Ganoon ka-smooth.  I think several readers would agree with me on that.  Parang ghostwriter lang sila ni JK.  

At dahil nasa main characters na din naman tayo, let me spend a few more keystrokes on the awesomeness of Scorpius Hyperion Malfoy.  He is the honorable Draco in another life kung hindi lang naging ubod ng sama si Lucius.  Scorpius retained the  meanness of the Malfoy line.  I would have been severely disappointed if pinabait siya. Emasculated na siya if ganoon ang nangyari.  And an emasculated male would be eaten whole by Rose Weasley.  He preserved the villainous aura ng dugong Malfoy which, in my opinion, made him badass.  Pero magkaganoon pa man you could understand his point of view.  Yes, you may not agree with his methods pero maiisip mo na lang na, what could you expect eh Malfoy nga siya.  Pero ha, gaano man kasama ang lalaking ito ay ganoon naman siya ka-letseng sweet.  Ang mga antics niya, hay naku, pang-Prince Charming.  Hindi nakapagtatakang nagustuhan siya ni Rose.  Ako nga, gustong-gustong-gusto siya.  Fangirl mode here. The title The Right Kind of Wrong could mean the relationship they are having.  Pero para sa akin, it is Scorpius.  He is the right kind of wrong for Rose. 

For the potential readers, if you are still hungry for stories of what happened after Voldemort, this story is a great supplement.  If ang hanap mo naman ay kilig to the bones feeling with just enough sweetness and angst, this is the story for you.  At kapag nabasa mo na ang "You are at the end of the story" message ni Wattpad, you'll just sigh in longing for more.  Pero isipin mo na lang na luckier ka compared sa mga naunang readers.  Kung bakit, basahin mo na lang.  Hehehehe.  Hindi ka magsisisi na basahin ito.  This is well-written and really comparable to Rowling's own writing style.

To Fallenbabybubu (and to your partner sa mga naunang chapters), thank you so much sa effort.  I don't know if totoo ang sinasabi nilang fanfics don't get published.  If that is true, I am more grateful to you guys for embarking on this project kasi ang ibig sabihin lang you made this purely out of love for the HP world and the writing craft. You didn't have to pero nag-exert talaga kayo ng imaginative powers ninyo to bring these two lovable characters to life.  80% ng nandito sa listahan ko ay love story pero Scorpius-Rose tandem is the one that I love the most so far.  And also, another thank you solely to you for the last chapter.  Hindi ko kinaya kung ang ending ay Chapter 21 lang.  Scorpius and Rose would and should last forever (parang Twilight lang…hahahaha).