Chapter 3: Knowing each other and ghosts.

Ida has just settled in at one of the bedrooms at the underground Fenton Ghost Bunker. The room was very simple, which Ida doesn't mind. There was a simple bed, drawers, closet, carpet and a private bathroom. After unpacking her stuff, she goes into the living quarters while passing Fenton Works and S.S.R. personnel along the way. The living quarters was also simple. A coffee table, carpet, couches and recliners, a fireplace, and a piano. Ida approached the table where there was a book. She picks it up and reads the label, which turns out to be the Holy Bible.

"Are you Catholic?" Harry said, startling Ida.

"Oh Harry, you scared me." Ida said.

"Sorry." Harry apologized.

"It's okay, and to answer your question, no, I'm Jewish." Ida said as she sets the Bible down.

"Oh, I'll provide you with a Torah." Harry said.

Harry and Ida looks at each other eyes for a moment before Harry broke the silent.

"Umm, how are you settling in? Do you need something to eat or drink?" Harry asked.

"No, I'm fine. Thank you." Ida said as she takes a seat. Harry was about to leave until Ida said...

"I could use some company."

Harry then sat in another chair across from Ida.

"So, what got you interested in ghosts?" Ida asked, which Harry chuckled.

"My family has a very odd history. It all started during the Salem Witch Trials. My ancestor, John Fenton-Nightingale, was interested on witches instead of ghosts, so the Fenton family has always had an interest in the paranormal. I got into ghosts because believe or not, I was scared of ghosts when I was a kid. But my mother always told me that if I can face my fear, I can do anything. That's when I started learning about the Ghost Zone." Harry replied.

"Ghost Zone? What's that?" Ida said, now interested on the paranormal and ghosts.

"Suddenly interested?" Harry asked.

"Well, at first I thought people were crazy to believe that ghosts are real, but after what happen to me, I now wanna know about these spiritual beings." Ida asked.

"The Ghost Zone is an alternate form of reality, a realm that is essentially the home to all the ghosts, and made entirely of ectoplasm." Harry replied.

"Do you know what it looks like?" Ida asked, now really interested.

"I had some theories, like how it looks like, stuff like that. I saw different artist impressions. It wasn't till '45 that some of my theories were confirmed." Harry replied.

"What happened in 1945?" Ida asked.

"Two months after the war and HYDRA's defeat, I captured my first ghost in this very bunker. I never thought that day would come. Anyway, before I captured it, I thought all ghosts were evil. That was prove to be false once I captured it. He cooperated, was friendly, and even volunteered to give me some samples of his ectoplasm, which explains why my weapons work." Harry replied.

"What theories were confirmed. Did he tell you how this Ghost Zone looks like?" Ida asked.

"To answer your first question, the theories the ghost told me that in one of my theories that got correct is that there are huge differences between the native and the newly developed ghosts from Earth, in other words, ghosts of the deceased. Natives are created from pure ectoplasm with no obsession and is fully mastered with all the standard ghost powers but can be ranged from weakest to strongest while the new ghosts from Earth would take years to get used to being dead and have an obsession that ties them back to their original home, not to mention they get sent to the ghost zone if they have unfinished business. Once that's complete, they then either go to Heaven, Hell or Purgatory. Another theory I got right is that there is no limit to the Ghost Zone. And the last theory is that every ghost has a lair, or a door, which the ghost can customize according to his or her needs." Harry replied.

"And the Ghost Zone?" Ida asked.

"What the ghost told me about it's appearance almost match my description. Greenish blackish sky, floating doors, but he also said floating islands, lairs, and other locations. We don't know how it looks like in person, but maybe someday, mankind will see the Ghost Zone with their own eyes. Remember this is a science that mankind still don't understand." Harry said as Ida sees and picks up a file.

"Halfa Theory? What's that, a ghost theory?" Ida asked.

"It's one of my latest theories. This theory is where it's possible for a human to become half ghost. Half Human-Half Ghost, or a Halfa as I like to called. Being a Halfa, a person gets ghost-like abilities. In other words, you're half dead." Harry said.

"That's impossible, people can't have ghost powers." Ida said.

"It's possible. If a person gets enough ecto-radiation infused in his or her DNA, then that person gets ghost powers." Harry said.

"And how can you prove that?" Ida asked.

"That's a question that will remain unanswered for now. Maybe some day, when technology gets more advanced, then that question gets answered. Even if I have ectoplasm samples, I don't want to take the chances." Harry said.

"Oh." Ida muttered.

"Anyway, what about you? What do you do for a living?" Harry asked.

"Despite being rich, I work at a hospital. I'm a nurse." Ida said.

"Amity Park General?" Harry said.

"Yes." Ida replied.

"How come you don't work for your family's business?" Harry asked.

"I don't care about my family's wealth, but I do wanna help my father out. I wanna to make money on my own first." Ida asked.

"You're different." Harry asked.

"What do you mean?" Ida asked.

"I always thought that rich girls would always prefer rich men than a nice person, like myself. And likes money. But you are not like them. You prefer your own personality, and I can tell you don't take nonsense from anyone. I like that about you." Harry asked.

"Um, thanks." Ida said as her cheeks turn pink. "I heard through the newspapers that you worked with Captain America, is that true?" Ida asked.

"Yes. Howard Stark and myself were part of Project Rebirth. Stark may have built his shield but I was the one that added the iconic star and stripes. Captain Steve Rogers, he was a good man." Harry said.

"I met the guy once on one of those USO tours." Ida said. "It's a shame that he disappeared. He's a hero."

"He sure is." Harry said. "Anyway, since you are now my client, I need to lay down a few rules. Main rule, you cannot tell anyone, even family and friends that ghosts are indeed real."

"Why? You have proof that they're real and that you're not crazy?" Ida asked.

"I don't want to cause panic and chaos around the world, and government interference. I even told the S.S.R. to keep it secret. Only my past clients and my personnel knows that they're real. As well as Stark and Agent Carter. I showed them the ghost." Harry replied. "The government might try anything to destroy the ghosts and the Ghost Zone, or captured them to dissect them molecule by molecule."

"Oh, but what about that ectoplasm sample you took?" Ida asked.

"I asked the ghost. I just use a shot needle. No need to dissect a deceased person." Harry replied.

"Oh." Ida muttered.

Harry then told the rest of the rules before saying...

"Well, Ida, I need to get back to work. I'll bring you something to eat and drink later on. It was nice talking to you." Harry said.

"You too." Ida said.

With that Harry left and Ida stays in the quarters to listen to the radio.

'He's nice. Maybe I could help him out. Maybe we'll get along just fine. I hope we can defeat those ghosts.' Ida thought.

Harry was walking towards his research area when he thought about his new client.

'Ida seems nice, and pretty. Maybe I could use her help. Maybe we'll get along just fine. I will protect her.' Harry thought.