Chapter 9: A Unexpected Call and Attack.

Back at the mansion, all of Walter's guests has left. Manfred and his henchmen arrived at the place moments before Harry, Ida and Benjamin left.

"Doctor Bauer." Walter greeted.

"Do you have what I want?" Manfred asked sternly.

"Follow me." Walter said.

Walter then guide the men to the third floor where he keeps his safe. Walter opens the safe, only to find that the item he's looking for is not there. He starts searching for it in panic.

"Where is it?! It suppose to be here!" Walter said.

"You said you have it!" Manfred said sternly.

"I did. It was in here. It's always in this safe." Walter said, but Manfred pulls out a pistol. "I swear, that rock was in here. No one could have stole it..." Walter said as the realization hits him and becomes upset. "Fenton!"

"Harry was here?" Manfred asked in anger.

"Yes. He was here with Ida Greenberg. They said they were dating, which I wasn't convinced until they kissed, but..." Walter said.

"And you fell for it." Manfred said as he points his gun at Walter.

"What am I suppose to do?!" Walter asked.

"Well, you let me down. Nevertheless you let my target escape. So you know what this means?" Manfred said sternly.

"Please, don't kill me. I'm begging you." Walter said, pleading.

"What? I'm gonna kill you? No. They are." Manfred said as the Harvesters make themselves appear as he leaves.

"No, no, NO!" Walter said as the Harvesters attacks him.

...

Harry, Ida and Benjamin arrived back at the Fenton Ghost Bunker, Harry carrying the case that contains the ecto-ranium rock.

"I'm gonna put this in the weapons vault. I'll be right back." Harry said before leaving Ida and Benjamin alone.

"Thank you for helping us out." Ida said.

"Anything I would do for a friend." Benjamin said. "So, why Harry's client?"

"These ghosts and Harry's former friend are after me for some reason." Ida said.

"Oh." Benjamin said.

"So why were you at the gala?" Ida asked.

"My family's rich, they know Mr. Jenkins. I didn't want to be there in the first place." Benjamin replied.

"Why?" Ida asked.

"Relationship problems. I just I can't find a nice girl to spend time with. My last girlfriend broke up with me. Three years since I met her at the Synagogue in Philadelphia." Benjamin replied.

"Oh, you're Jewish. I'm Jewish as well." Ida said.

"I know. Harry told me." Benjamin asked.

The two began to have a conversation, mostly about current events, their time in the war effort and the case. Unknown to both, they are starting to like each other.

'Okay, Ida Greenberg has to be the most prettiest girl I've laid eyes on.' Benjamin thought.

'Benjamin Manson maybe rich, which I don't care too much, but he is the most handsome man I've laid eyes on.' Ida thought.

Meanwhile, Harry enters a room where he finds Tommy sleeping at his desk.

"Tommy, wake up." Harry said as he pats Tommy, waking him up.