Chapter 8: The Gala.

Harry and Ida has arrive at the Jenkins mansion for the Gala as part of their so called 'date'. Harry had asked Ida to be his 'date' since her family knows Walter Jenkins. Ida accepted to be Harry's 'date' so that she can help him retrieve the ecto-ranium rock that Jenkins have, before Manfred gets a hold of it. The two had arrived at the entrance. Ida was wearing a simple red dress while Harry was wearing a tuxedo.

"How do I look?" Harry asked.

"Handsome. What about me?" Ida asked.

"Beautiful." Harry replied.

Harry then rang the doorbell and a butler answered.

"Ah, Ms. Greenberg, Mr. Fenton. Welcome." the butler said, letting the two enter.

Harry and Ida entered the mansion where they see other people chattering, dancing and having a good time. Some looked at Harry and Ida with uncertainly.

"Well, if we're gonna pretending to be a couple, we might as well... you know, hold hands." Ida said as she blushed.

"Yeah... hold hands." Harry said.

Ida then laced her fingers in Harry's, making the two blush even more before going around to greet the other guests. Meanwhile, Walter Jenkins was talking to some of his guests when he noticed Ida and Harry.

"Excuse me." Walter said as he approaches the two. "Ms. Greenberg." Walter called, gaining Ida and Harry's attention.

"Walter, hi?" Ida greeted, which Walter kisses her hand.

"You look lovely tonight. How's your family?" Walter asked.

"They're fine." Ida replied.

"That's good to hear." Walter said before turning his attention to Harry. "Harry Fenton? I didn't expect you to be here. I don't recall sending you an invite."

"Actually, he's my date. We're a couple." Ida halfway lied as she hooks her arm with Harry's.

"Ah, how long have you two been dating?" Walter asked, with suspicion.

"Two months." Harry halfway lied.

"Well, congratulations." Walter said, still not convince.

"Thank you." Harry and Ida said.

"Well, if you may excuse us, we still have to greet more guests." Ida said as she grabs Harry's arm and pulled him away from Walter.

"That was close." Ida whispered.

"Yeah." Harry whispered.

Harry and Ida greeted the other guests before sitting down on a couch.

"Okay, do you know anything about this mansion?" Harry asked.

"There's a safe on the third floor, but it's restricted. I think Walter has that thing you're looking for." Ida said.

"Okay." Harry said as he noticed Walter staring at them from the second floor balcony. "Wanna dance?" Harry said as he offer her his hand.

"Sure." Ida said as she takes Harry's hand, but not without the two of them blushing.

Meanwhile, Walter was observing Harry and Ida from the second floor balcony with suspicion as they walk to the dance floor and danced with each other to the song that was being played. One of his guards approached him.

"Is there something wrong, sir?" the guard asked.

"Something's not right here. Since when did Ida Greenberg knew Harry Fenton?" Walter asked.