Chapter 8

:) Hope you all are enjoying my fabulouse book!

Warning: Some material may not be suited for some readers, reader discresion is advised. ;) If ya know what I mean *wink* *wink* *cough* *cough*

***

Tristan's POV

 I watched the tv screen playing The Lion King 2, Sora was curled up next to me watching intently and munching on popcorn. He kept missing his mouth and would curse at the popcorn for hating him so much it would let him starve.

 I yawned and let my head fall on the back of the couch, I got no sleep after the Full Moon Howl last night, Sora was so still and motionless it scared me. I kept watching him to make sure he was breathing, he didn't even mumble. Well, until 4:30 this morning at least...

 He just sorta woke up screaming then darted out of the room and fell back asleep in the middle of the kitchen floor. We have been watching movies since 6:00, no one is up but us. Sora snuggled deeper into my side and stuffed a hand full of popcorn in his mouth all at once, only managing to get a couple to stay in.

 He grumbled at the food "Damn fucking popcorn hates my fucking guts, let me die of food deprivation why don't you. So fucking nice of you to taunt me by sitting right there and when I go to eat you, you run away from me." He paused and looked down at the popcorn.

 "Oh no, maybe it my breath!" He gasped softly and handed the bowl to me, paused the movie, stopped to laugh at the face of one of the characters paused in a funny way, then ran off and brushed his teeth. I sighed  and slid lower into the couch, I don't know how I'm going to tell him I have to leave for a month.

 If he doesn't take it well then he may end up in pain, as will I. I have to leave tomorrow, if I don't mate him tonight and leave the growing distance between us will hurt him. I have marked him yes, but not mated him yet, we have been close together since so we aren't feeling pain, put a mile between us and he won't be able to stand.

 I have to go from here, Wyoming, all the way to Washington. I have to go for a trainig of sorts to become a true alpha. That is where young alpha's learn their alpha voice, how to mask our scent, and how to control ourselves when mating season comes around.

 Our mating season is that of a normal wolf's, anywhere between January to April. Other than that werewolves are completely different in mating. The female doesn't take control of the pack, nor will it only be the alpha pair that mates. Though, for alphas the urge is stronger and harder to control.

 Every pair of mates will mate and no one will be chased out unless say a wolf mates with another wolf's mate. Confusing I know. "Tristan!" I opened my eyes and looked over at Sora, who was now standing at the back door looking at something. "Hey, I didn't here you come down." He didn't look at me, he just opened the back door.

 Kile, and Nile's scent hit my nose and I stood up and walked up behind Sora, sure enough there stood Kile's chestnut brown wolf, and Nile's grey and white wolf. I smiled and walked out "Hey, what brings you two here. I thought you were going on a trip to find your mate?" I grabbed a pair of shorts out of the stack on the back porch and threw them at Kile.

 He changed and smiled back at me "I am, I just wanted to say bye to you and Sora before I leave. You know my birthday is the day after the Full Moon Howl. So I am finally 17 today, and this is when my mate's scent will be known to me." His eyes were bright with excitement, I didn't want to bring his spirit down. It took me a full year before Sora's scent reached me, I'm now 18 and will be taking my father's job soon.