Chapter 17: AGAIN

3rd Person

The two stood side by side as silence filled the place. None of them speaking. Both just looking at the girl who asked to be brought to the ocean.

Leo couldn't stand the silence anymore.

"So.... Do you always bring a white pen with you?" he ask.

Sakura just stared at the sea. Not even bothering to answer his question. Her hands at the back, clasp.

"Oh come on. Don't you know how to answer a question?" he isn't used being ignored. Girls are always chasing him so this is new to him.

Boy why do I even bother? She's not mental for sure. How can she resist a handsome guy like me? And why did I even volunteered to be here? I must be the one who's mental.

He sigh. He decided to just babble on so the silence wouldn't eat him. "By the way, why did you--" he turn to his right and surprise to see her gone. He look at his left and saw her crouching while picking up a tiny shelled creature to check if it has a pearl inside.

What surprise him more was how quietly she moved. He didn't heard a single faint footstep. He could feel the chill coming but he shook it off. I ain't some scaredy cat.

"As I was saying, why did you decided to stay?"

She showed her palm with a pearl on it and gesturing an offer to him. He declined and repeated his question.

"Kasi... kailangan ako doon." she answered blankly.

He wasn't satisfied. He has this feeling that her answer is just a portion of her whole answer. She stood up and throw away the pearl. She was removing sands on her hands when she spoke.

"Alam mo bang nasa limang minuto na siyang naka lubog sa tubig?" she calmly said like it was nothing.

It took him a few seconds before it sink in. He made a mad dash to the water and dive. In ten seconds, he is now carrying her to the shore. He cursed when he saw that Sakura is gone.

He lay her down and was about to do a mouth-to-mouth when he noticed that she's breathing perfectly fine. It even look more like she's just sleeping. What's more, all her wounds were gone. No scars were even left.

"Neteru." a voice said from a nearby tree, which is more than 20 feet away.

He pick up the sleeping girl and carry her to the tree where the voice came from, only to find someone sitting on an eleven foot high tree branch with her feet dangling.

"Huh. Thought you ran away after what happened." she look at him, "You did that on purpose." It was no question.

"Ayos lang siya. Kanina pa humahangin pero hindi siya nanginginig." then did he only notice the wind blowing and him lightly shivering. He dried up his and her clothes with his magic.

"How?" It was just a one word question, but she knew what he meant.

"Kangaeru. Leo. Kangaeru." She said what? Kangaroo? What's that suppose to mean?

He decided to ignore her and walk past the tree. Somehow, he have this feeling that she isn't an ally.

"Sayonara, Leo-san."