Chapter One

Severus's POV

"Wait what are you-?" Before I can even get the words out, I feel myself pulled back into oblivion. The sensation could only be described as a more intense apparition, like I was being pulled through a very tight tube. As if my entire body shrunk down smaller than a molecule, all at once. That is not the best feeling in the world...

Another note to self, don't ever do that again. If I knew that would happen, I might not have done it. But what's done is done, can't do much about it. Guess it's for the best, I did agree to do this. Have to save the boy who lived, after all. Can't have things like this throw me off course. If I can't handle discomfort, how can I do this? Now, to find Regulus.

Pulling myself up off the floor, I notice some very different things about my home. For one, it could actually be described as a home now, what with how the place seemed brand new, clear of every trace of my father. Along almost every wall of the living room, were bookshelves filled with every book I've ever owned and then some. The carpet was clean of blood stains and rips, now a soft red colour instead of dark brown. The room had been painted in soft colours, the windows were clean with not a single crack. The room felt as if someone had aired it out, by how fresh the air was in the place.

This is amazing, but why? I don't see how a clean home is going to help me save the boy who- Hari. I don't see how it's going to help me save Hari.  Well, I suppose if I'm going to have to wait almost two years until I need to save him, I would have to stay here with...

Regulus! Stop letting yourself be distracted, Severus! Have to save Regulus, need to talk to them. I could ask them to come here, in code obviously. Ask for their help with a potion, that would work. Pretty believable to their parents, they would know I need to talk. Yes, this will work.

"Dear Regulus Black...."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Few days later, thanks to eagle owls) 

"So what you're saying is that you are actually from the future, a future where I died a week  from now, the Dark Lord is defeated by a toddler in nearly two years, and then said Dark-Lord-Defeating-Toddler is abused by his magic-hating relatives. He goes to Hogwarts, defeats many enemies, being sent back to his abusive relatives nearly every summer, until he eventually kills the Dark Lord for real."

Wow, Reg sure can sum things up quickly. Definitely need them around...

"Yes, basically. Do you believe me? I know that it sounds crazy, I probably wouldn't believe it if I didn't have the scars." My voice sounds so young, I sound like one of my students.

"Of course I believe you, Sev! It does sound a little crazy, but you've shown me the scars. How could I not believe that? You wouldn't tell me this unless it was serious." It's been so long since I've heard their voice, this is so surreal...

"I'm so glad. Now, you know what you've planned, to get the locket? Everything works except, you're going to need to bring me along. I have a potion to dissolve poison, like the one in the pillar." Not letting you die again....

"Got it. Do you have more of the poison, you refill it? Don't want to get caught, after all."

"Of course I do, where do you think you got it from the first time around? Knockturn alley?"

"Right, heh heh..." How can they be so cute? I can't remember the last time I saw them blush, before this. Was it their sixth year? Must have been...

"Come on, you must be tired. Stay here for tonight, don't want you around your mother if I can help it." I won't let that retched woman lay a hand on you again, love.

"Thanks, Starlight. I am pretty *yawn* tired."

How can one person be so adorable? Doesn't make sense.

"Let's go to bed, love." And so we went...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(One week later)

Dissolve the poison, check. Grab the real locket, check. Replace with the fake locket, check. Replace the poison, check. All done, with no one harmed. Thank Merlin...

"Okay, all done. He won't notice a thing if he comes back to check, which he shouldn't. He'll be destroyed before he does."

"Great! Now, what do we do? Wait for Hari to defeat him, then swoop in to grab Hari once he's left on the doorstep?"

"Well, we have almost two years, we could see how many improvements we could make to spells and potions together. I have all of my journals at home."

"Brilliant! We are going to get so much done. We've both finished our masteries anyway, better use them, right?" We are such huge nerds, have all this knowledge of the future, and we use it to make better potions.

"Yeah, we are. This is going to be so enlightening, think of the improvements we could make! Wolfsbane, healing spells and potions, we could work on so much!"

"Before we get ahead of ourselves with our nerdiness, we need to go. I'm supposed to be dead. Let me just summon Kreacher, give me a moment."

They close their eyes in concentration for a moment and then calls Kreacher's name. 

"Kreacher, hello there, thanks for getting here. I hope you weren't busy. I was wondering, do you wish to go back to my mother and father, or stay with us?"

"Kreacher wishes to stay with Master Regulus and Mixter* Severus. You are both most kind to Kreacher."

"Thank you, Kreacher. Would you like to apparate us back to Severus's home? We have much work to be done."

"Of course, Master Regulus. It would be a Kreacher's pleasure."

He stretches a hand out to both of us, taking a strong hold on each of our hands, and then clicks his fingers, apparating us out with a clean pop.

We have a very busy two years ahead of us. This is going to be fun.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Meanwhile)

Albus Dumbledore sat upon his chair as if it was a throne. Everything was going according to plan, he had that crazy seer on his side, within a year Tom would believe there's a prophecy about him and a mystery child. Now, who's child should it be? The Potter's, or the Longbottom's. Half-Blood, or Pure-Blood...

A Half-Blood would be more symbolic, yes. That would make three Half-Bloods that I can send back to abusive homes, very nice. It would also be easy to deal with any Godparents, Sirius I could convince to see reason, and Remus would never be able to take care of the child. Disgusting Half-Breed vermin. Shouldn't have let him come to Hogwarts. Oh well... I suppose there is the Longbottom's, Alice might be made Godmother. That's annoying, but manageable. Tom can have Bellatrix take care of them, problem solved.

Beware, Potter Family. Your end is inching closer, unbeknownst to you. Just you wait.

*Mixter is a gender-neutral term I thought of for Master/Mistress. Severus uses They/Them pronouns, and Regulus is genderfluid. I can state Regulus's pronouns for you if you wish.

I hope you enjoy this chapter, please tell me if you spot any mistakes. I've edited over the chapter, and hopefully spotted any mistakes or inconsistences in the chapter. Feel free to comment and vote if you enjoyed, it really means a lot to me. I love you all, hope you enjoyed!