Chapter Three

Voldemort's POV

At last, a time to strike. 31st October, truly a great day. The day of the Potters demise, it shall be known. If only Dumbledore could see this, I can imagine the look on his face. True entertainment. Or perhaps, Slughorn. How, proud, must he be of me. 

Now, I cannot allow myself to be distracted today, I have to kill the Potter boy. Do not allow yourself to wander in your thoughts, Voldemort... Where is Wormtail?! He should be here with the location by now!

"M-My Lord, I-I have the a-address. Godric's Hollow." He hands me the paper as he speaks, putting his head down the moment I have it in my grip. Godric's Hollow? How...Gryffindor of them. They should have stayed at Potter Manor. No matter. What would I expect from fools who trusted Wormtail? Idiots.

"Thank you, Wormtail, you have done well for me. You have shown your loyalty to the cause, and me."

"T-Thank you, master. Y-You are most merciful."

"Leave my presence now, weakling. Join the others in the main hall. Tell them I shall join them after I rid the world of the Potters."

"Of course, master. Thank you." And with a low bow, he shuffles out of the room. Now to kill the Potters, at last.

"Brace yourselves, Potter family. Your end is near...HahahaHahAhAhahaHa!!!!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Meanwhile, at Hogwarts)

Dumbledore's POV

Tom is so easy to control. Just simply set the path, and he follows without a fight. Pathetic, truly. I suppose making the Horcruxes did weaken his resolve, even more than I thought. Strange. I suppose Half-Bloods really are weaker than Pure-Bloods.

Soon the Potter family will be out of the equation. Just the child left, and it will be easy to get him under control, just like Tom. His muggle relatives should do well in subduing him, they despise magic after all. Especially Petunia, though she did grow rather slack as the years progressed. Nothing a hate spell can't fix, of course.

Now, to make sure the child lives. Tom will have to give the mother a chance to live. She'll put herself in the child's place, of course. That should keep the child alive. At least, I hope it does. If not, no trouble. I can deal with it, the child is just a ploy after all.

It would be quite disappointing if I didn't have the setback for Tom, though. Luckily, the child should live. No reason why that blood ritual I had James and Lily do wouldn't work. Why wouldn't it?

Have fun causing your own death, Tom. At least for the moment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Godric's Hollow)

Voldemort's POV

Time for the Potters demise. This should be relatively quick, the father should be easy. The mother doesn't have to die if she merely obeys. Why wouldn't she? It's an offer to live, who cares about a baby when you could have yourself spared? She would be a fool if she didn't take the opportunity.

The father could live as well, but Pure-bloods are so protective over heirs, I doubt he would step aside. The mother wouldn't care about that though, she can live.

"I really like your costume, Mister! It's so spooky!"

Ah, of course. Halloween. A time where children run about recklessly searching for items to give themselves cavities. Fully disrespecting the true meaning of the day.

"Thank you, child. Run along now." Ugh, muggles. Have to be kind to the children, or the parents come running instantly. Fools.

"Bye Mister!"

Now, do not let yourself be distracted by the irritating muggles, deal with the Potters. Find the house.

Ah! There it is! So, plain. Not fit for a wizarding family at all. That has to be a definite downgrade for Potter, perhaps an upgrade for the mother? She grew up near Severus's family, didn't she? Yes, she did. I'm almost certain.

You're getting distracted! Focus! Kill the Potters first, then question things like that.

Bursting down the door, I'm faced with James Potter himself. So selfless, yet so useless. He crumples to the floor quickly, even with his cries of defeating me. The fool didn't even have his wand, what did he expect to do? Turn into a stag and pierce me through the chest? Idiot.

I can hear the mother crying upstairs, no doubt hearing her husband crumple to the floor as if marionette strings had been cut. Surely she should be comforting her son, not crying so loudly I can hear her from down here? I will never understand parents or people in relationships.

No time to ponder on that train of thought, just get this over with. Do not get distracted. Marching up the stairs, I quickly reach the terribly barricaded room. Does she not have her wand either? What an idiot. Blasting the door open with a quick wave of my wand, I find myself standing in front of Mrs Potter herself. Give her a chance to step aside. Waste of blood otherwise.

"You don't have to die here, girl. Stand aside, and you will be spared."

"No, not Hari! Please, take me instead. Kill me instead."

"Foolish girl! Stand aside!"

"Never! Not my Hari, please!"

What a shame. Is all that runs through my head as I yet again cast the killing curse. Fool. I turn to face the child, who was surprisingly calm as if he didn't realise what had happened. Of course, he doesn't. He's a child! Why would he? No matter, the child is clearly weak. How would someone born of fools, defeat me? This will be too easy, pitifully so. Pathetic.

As I raise my wand, something clicks in my head. What am I doing? Stop! Don't- Don't listen to that, Tom. Just kill the boy. You know the spell. Do it! The killing curse shoots from my wand, and the child is dead. Except he's not, and the spell is sent back at me. How?! How did this happen? A blood ritual? It must be. All coherent thought cuts off at that moment, as excruciating pain overtakes me. Death, at last? No, it can't be. My Horcruxes will keep me alive. Then what? What could cause such pain? Unless... No, surely not. This is simply making me delirious, that's it. I couldn't have...

The last thing I see, are the eyes of a little boy, as green as the very spell that caused this, staring and crying, bleeding from a strange cut on his forehead. Harry Potter. The Boy Who Lived.

Hey guys! Again, sorry this is short. I really couldn't find how to make it longer. I tried, but unfortunately, I was unsuccessful with that. Chapter Four and onwards should be longer, I'm going to re-write Chapter Four as I've noticed mistakes that should have been caught beforehand. I apologise in advance for that, and I hope you enjoyed the story so far! Love you guys, Peace Out!