Chapter Four

Severus's POV

"Uhhh, Sev? Are you sure we're in the right place? This is a muggle town, I doubt the Potter's would be here."

"It's Dumbledore we're talking about, Reggie. He's supposed to be the beacon for loving muggles, remember? Needs to keep his image."

"Right, of course. That makes sense, even though I'm surprised Potter actually believed this place would be better than Potter Manor..."

"There's the house, brace yourself."

And there it was, in it's strange, twisted beauty. The house seemed better off than last time, they must have put protective enchantments around the house, probably sound cancelling as well. Keep the muggles away, smart. The roof hasn't even collapsed, good. I see James, collapsed in the hallway. Protective to the end, why didn't I see that before?

"Sev! I can hear him! Hurry, he must be so scared." Reggie, always worrying. Sometimes even more than me. Hari should be fine, if I remember correctly, I got here later than we did this time, and he was fine. And that was with the roof fallen in.

"Coming, Love!"

We continue through the house, eventually getting to the nursery. I see Lily, just laying there. She looks so peaceful. Almost as if I could just wake her up now, and she'll be fine. But I know I can't, so I instead send out my Patronus to Kingsley Shacklebolt, telling him to send Aurors to Godric's Hollow, 7th house to the left. We'll be gone before they get here, anyway.

I look over to Regulus who had picked up young Hari, and had begun rocking him. I also noticed Reg had placed the note we wrote in the remains of the crib. They'll know he's safe, at least. No panicking Aurors running around.

 Just as the thought leaves my mind, I hear a voice I wasn't expecting. Not so soon anyway.

"Snivellus? What the hell are you doing here!" Ahhh, of course. Sirius would be here earlier, wouldn't he? Just when I thought this was going well.

"...Hello, Sirius. Nice to see you haven't matured at all since I last saw you."

"Honestly, brother, have you not put that ridiculous hatred behind you?"

"R-Regulus? What-how? Mother said you died, everyone said you died!"

"I've been with Severus, if you come with us we will explain it to you."

"Reggie, what?" What on earth....Oh! Yes, I suppose that would work, but only if Sirius cooperates...

"As if I'd go anywhere with two death- Hey! Let go of my Godson!"

"He's my nephew, Black! I'm allowed to care for him if I see fit. You could as well if you listen to us!"

"Wha-Your nephew? How? That doesn't make sense..."

"It will if you come with us, Siri. You can get Lupin as well, if you want."

"It would be ideal to get the two of you protected, in case any actual Death Eaters target you."

"Fine! I'll go get Remus, where should I meet you?"

"Do you know where Prince Manor is?"

"Yes, got it. See you later, then."

And he proceeded to walk out of the room and house.

"...Well, that went unexpectedly well, didn't it?" He was winging that, naturally...

"Indeed, Love. Indeed."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~