Chapter Seven

Regulus's POV

It's nice to know that, even with our differences, my brother and I can still get along. Even if I was gushing about Severus, it's better than in the past. Maybe I could get him reinstated to the family, he is the lawful heir after all. I know the ring will never actually accept me.

Knock-Knock

Oh! They must be here already, lovely!

"Who is that? Are you expecting anyone Reg?" Sirius is concerned, good. He is finally gaining some sense.

"Yes, Kingsley Shacklebolt and Amelia Bones. They are here to both check on Hari and, possibly, join our cause. We need Ministry officials for this to all work, at least to get Pettigrew a trial quickly."

"Shall I get Hari then, Regulus? Wake him up and all?"

"If you could, Remus. I will go greet our guests. Siri, want to come with?"

"Heck yeah! I haven't seen Kingsley in a while, and it's always good to talk to Amelia."

"Come along then, brother. Can't keep them waiting, can we?"

The two brothers, joined once again, walked to the door as Remus went to collect Hari. They were silent for a second, but then burst out laughing, unable to keep up the serious tones. Eventually, they managed to reach the door, breath coming quickly.

"Kingsley, Amelia! Nice to see you, come in!" It is nice to see Siri happy, it's been awhile since we've laughed together.

"Sirius? We were only expecting Regulus, and Severus. Why are you?"

"We weren't expecting Sirius to be here either, when we wrote that message. It just, happened. Do come in though, it is November."

"I see, I hope we are going to get the explanations that we need, yes?"

"Naturally, we wouldn't leave you in the dark. Remus is just getting Hari."

The quartet walked through to the sitting room, and sat in a mildly awkward silence before Remus walked in with a struggling Hari who was crying his poor little eyes out. Regulus instantly hopped up to take the child, rocking him slowly, humming the song Severus often sang when making potions. It clearly worked miracles, as Hari started calming the moment he heard it. Thanking the Gods, Regulus sat down again, still rocking the child in case.

"Well, you seem to be rather good with kids, Regulus."

"It's not me, trust me. This is all Severus. The song I was humming is from Sev, they are just really good with kids, I don't know how they do it."

"I see, that is quite surprising. No offence, you understand."

"None taken, don't worry. We were Death Eaters, after all."

"So, how did all this happen?"

"It would be a lot easier to explain with Sev here but they are at Hogwarts-" The thought was cut off by the sound of the Floo. Everyone snapped to attention, looking over at the aforementioned object to see Severus step into the room. They brushed off some soot, before looking around at them.

"Well, I see the party started earlier than expected. It's good to see you trusted the letter so much, I was expecting you too at least seem slightly tense. And yet, you look like you couldn't be more comfortable."

"That is an entrance, Sev. Well done, my dear."

"Thanks, Love. I do try."

"Oh shut up, lovebirds. We have to explain to these two, remember?"