Chapter 10: Gender Reveal 💙💖

* the following Saturday*

EMERSYN'S P.O.V.

Today is the day. My very best friend, Charlotte is throwing a gender reveal party for me. Harry and I are supposed to get to the park at three o'clock. I look at the radio in my husband's car it says we are fifteen minutes early and Charlotte said to not be early nor late.

We sat in the car for about fifteen minutes and then walked towards the party space. There were turquoise and pastel pink balloons and streamers hanging from the ceiling. The table cloths were black and white marble. Then in two of the corners there was a girl and boy booth that said, "Suggest a Name or 2". Then a table on the side wall with pastel pink and blue candies and drinks.

    "Hi, doll." Charlotte said in her little southern bell accent then added, "How are you feeling? Do you like the space?"

    "Like it? I love it!" I stated excitedly and Harry nodded in agreement.

    "What are we doing for music and lights?" Harry asked.

"That would be part of one of the activities... later. But for now we are going to play some of your favorite songs so go tell the DJ what you guys want."

After Harry and I told the DJ some songs we walked towards our family and friends who were decked out in outfits either all pink or all blue.

    "Ok now that we all are here I would like to announce anyone who bet on the gender, to please put the money in the correct bucket by the booths" Charlotte stated and gave a small smile when just about everyone stood up to walk towards the booths once again.

    "Now, once everyone is seated, I would like the soon-to-be parents up here by the DJ booth" Charlotte directed.

    We did as we were told and walked up to the DJ as everyone sat down. We each received a white board from Charlotte.

    "What do we need these for?" I asked.

    "Everytime you hear a song that has the word girl in the title put a tally mark and same for boy. The gender with the most songs is what you are going to have. Only one line from each song will be played. You each will have headphones on. Okay? Let's start" Charlotte explained.

    "She loves a small town boy like me"

       -pause- small town boy by Dustin Lynch

   "Gonna wake up the neighborhood"

       -pause- the boys are back from HSM3

    "I need that bad boy to do me right on a Friday"

        -pause- boys by Charlie XCX

    "but you are a boy"

       -pause- if I were a boy by Beyoncé

    "Wild boys (wild boys) never chose this way"

       -pause- wild boys by Duran

    "Have you ever had the feeling you're drawn to someone?"

      -pause- Boyfriend by big time rush

    "Gotta get it in the ground 'fore the rain come down"

        -pause- boys round here by Blake shelton

    "I have no gift to bring, pa rum pum pum pum"

       -pause- drummer boy by Aaron Gillespie

    "He's the boogie woogie bugle boy of Company B"

        -pause- Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy by the Andrews sisters

    "It's getting kinda crazy under the lights"

        -pause- la boys by Victoria Justice and Ariana Grande

    "And when we're bored we play in the woods"

        -pause- lost boy by Ruth B

    "Forget that boy, forget that boy" boy by little mix

        -the sound of the aux cord being taken out was audiable but Charlotte motioned for me to keep my headphones on-

    "Ok, well that was it" she said in front of everyone and motioned for me and Harry to take the headphones off, then added, "Now count the tics and show everyone the number of songs."

    I counted 12 and wrote it down and turned it towards the small crowd then I turned to Harry who also had his showed to the crowd.

   "Now show each other." Charlotte said as she backed away.

Harry had the same number of tally marks as mine under the boy category. Just as we were about to hug, the big balloons popped and it rained pink confetti. I burst into tears and hugged Harry.

   "We're having a Princess!!" Harry screamed. He then looked at me and whispered to my growing baby belly, "A little princess...our little princess."

"Congratulations you guys! The money in both bet jars and for you to use on baby items. Also, you and Harry can go look at the names that people suggested to get an idea for your little bunny." Charlotte said as she started to sweep up confetti, then added,"Oh and I got pictures of everyone's reactions. I'll have them printed and sent to your house."

"Thank you so much Char. This has been the best day ever." I said as I hugged her.

    "You want to go look at names?" Harry asked.

    " No I picked it out already but we can still look for middle names." I said

    "You do, well tell me." he said excited to hear her name.

   "I'll tell you ... the day she born, it's a secret." I said teasingly and walked towards the girl booth.

***

BABY STYLES IS A GIRRRLLLL!!! YAY!