:Chapter 3:

As Annie stepped of the first set of train rides of, possibly many, she realized how overwhelmingly difficult this mission of hers was. Not because she was hunting for a literal needle in a haystack, no. It was because she only familiarized herself with the inklings and shopkeepers of Inkopolis plaza. Almost to the point where she can casually talk to all of them.

But this, this was different.

Downtown Inkopolis was like a completely different city to her. None of the faces there seemed familiar, and it didn't help her one bit that the one familiar face she knew, was the snarky ass fish that freeloads in her hair.

She stood there taking in the intimidating vista of the downtown station, one foot resting on her longboard. The view made her heart race.

“Yo, Annie.” Moe poked his head out from her hair, shaking her from her trance. “Are we going to find this spiky moron or not?”

Annie gulped, pushing the board forward as she gently began cruising out of the station and out on the streets of downtown Inkopolis; darting past strangers left and right, with Moe tightly gripping one the locks of hair that protruded from her head. “Do you have any sort of plan for this?” Moe asked as they swerve past another inkling.

Annie sighed. “We’re just going to look for him. Nothing more or nothing less.”

“I’m taking that as a no.”

“Essentially.”

Moe clicked his teeth. “I know I said this already but y-”

“I know, I know. I’m ‘fucking’ crazy.” Annie murmured. “But would there even be a plan of any sorts in the first place Moe? After all we are hunting down someone with no clue as to where they went.”

“Well, why don't you ask people where that fool went.” Moe rolled his eyes. “After all, you’ve clearly become more 'bold’ with your statements over the years.”

Annie suddenly stopped moving, placing a foot on the pavement. “A-about that…”

“About what?”

“I’ve grown more confident in what I say because… well…” Annie rubbed her arm. “Inkopolis plaza is my home… I know we’re in the same city n’all but, all of this is... all so foreign to me.”

Moe sighed. “God dammit Annie.” He muttered, floating back into her hair.

“H-Hey! I’m sorry!” Annie blushed. “All of the scenery of downtown just has me overwhelmed.”

“Ova’whelmed ya say?”

Annie and Moe froze for a moment at the unfamiliar voice, before turning to see that the voice was calling them came from behind a small stand beside them. Annie awkwardly shrugged. “Y-Yeah…”

A jellyfish popped up from behind the counter of the small stand, grinning at the two. “Y’must be from the rural bits of Inkopolis yea?”

“A-actually… I-I’m from the plaza.” She picked up her longboard and walked up to the Jellyfish’s stand. “Y-You know… Central Inkopolis… where the tower is.”

“'eally!? Zat is ze thriving heart of our entire city!” The jellyfish leaned forward, resting one of his tentacles on the counter-top's wooden surface. “You shouldn't be zat intimidated by zis neck of ze woods!”