20: TEEory

AN: Happy 2019, guys! Quite a short chapter for today... 

20: TEEory

TEE POV

P'Tae was in front of our doorstep at 8 in the morning. I slept really good last night and P'Chu told me that he was the one who carried me here. She didn't bother waking me up and I slept the whole day in our living room. I haven't washed my face yet, and I still smell like the couch while here he is looking like he didn't get enough sleep but dressed like he's going out on a date.

"I've come to return your phone." He waved it and I took it from him.

"What happened? How come you have it?"

"It fell on my car while I was carrying you."

"Thanks."

I thought he was going to go once he gave it to me, but he sat on the sofa and stared at me.

"Um... don't you have a schedule for today?" I asked.

He shook his head.

"Err, aren't you going somewhere?" I asked again.

Again, he shook his head.

"I'm hungry. Let's eat out." He said.

My heart thumped. This was a first! He asked me out first!

"I... uh.. ok..." I said. "I'll just take a bath."

I hurriedly went upstairs to the bathroom, my heart still thumping fast.

"I'm not dreaming, am I?" I slapped my cheeks and they hurt. "I'm not?" I slapped it again just to make sure. I tiptoed towards the edge of the stairs and peeked and yes, P'Tae is definitely there, sitting quietly while scrolling on his phone.

After tidying myself up, I dressed casually and pretending not to be excited, I walked down slowly.

"So, where should we eat P'?"

"I was thinking of trying out that new pizza place a few kilometers from the studio."

I remember P'Benj point that out yesterday while he was driving. I really want to try it out but the idea of trying it at this time is ridiculous.

"Seriously, P? Pizza at 8:30am? I don't even think it's open at this hour yet."

I think I saw him blush. "Oh yeah. I forgot. Then let's just try the new Japanese pancake place near Chulalongkorn. I'm pretty sure it's open now."

I agreed. He brought his car with him. Chulalongkorn is a 30 minute drive from my house so we'd get there at around 9am without traffic. But P'Tae looks restless. He was driving on a non-traffic road at 10kmph. I saw a child riding her bike zoom faster than us.

"P'Tae, are you that hungry? Why are you driving so slow?"

"Oh, I think I'm out of gas."

I looked at his dashboard and saw that it was just in the middle between full and empty. I raised my eyebrows.

"P', there's more than enough. Look." I pointed to it but he shook his head.

"No, I need to add more gas." And he drove real slow towards a gas station.