[10] Freddie Mercury

-/-

-/-

Paul's assignment was to call together a group of extraordinary people. He failed to do his task as you were sitting between extravagant people. People were dressed in one piece clothes, wearing only underwear or their faces painted whereas you were dressed simply, compared to the other people.

You were wearing a night dress. It was fancy and sexy, but not very over the top and outstanding. You came to the party because you were invited and were in desperate need of a drink, a lot of drinks.

Today had been a horrible day. It seemed like the world was turning against you and tried their very best to make you feel miserable. They succeeded at that.

However, now that you were here, you decided to forget about that. To drink your sorrow away and make the best of this odd party.

A man with a tray filled with glasses champagne walked past you and you managed you grab two of those swiftly.

While scanning the place to find a spot to sit, you downed one glass of champagne in one go. The cold liquid felt refreshing and you started drinking the other glass as you sat down in a chair.

Four champagne glasses in, you already started to feel the alcohol taking control of your mind. You hadn't eaten anything since breakfast but you couldn't care less.

People suddenly started cheering. You looked in the direction and saw a man with a crown sitting on another man's shoulders. "Freddie Mercury everybody!" The bottom man shouted as he put down Freddie.

You saw Freddie walking into your direction but you thought the butler with champagne was much more interesting.

In the corner of your eye, you saw Freddie sit down in front of you. He sat down too fast and his champagne left his glass, splashing on the ground.

"Oh I'm terribly sorry my darling, did I spill something on your attire?" Freddie asked and gently put his hand on your thigh.

You smiled and patted his hand a few times, "no you didn't. And that might even be the best thing that happened to me today." You laughed bitterly and handed your - now empty, glass to a butler.

Freddie was intrigued by your remark. You must've had a terrible day if him not spilling on you was the best thing that happened. The man found himself wanting to know more about you. You were the most normal yet the most interesting person in this house.

"Shall we move to someplace quieter?" He asked and stood up, offering you his hand.

You stared at the hand then into Freddie's eyes, then back at the hand again as you accepted his help.

"I'm Freddie." He introduced himself.

You hummed and grinned, "trust me, I know."

"Aren't you going to tell me your name?" Freddie lifted an eyebrow and guided you outside of the living room.

Shrugging, you answered him with a small smirk, "maybe later."

***

What's your favorite live performance from Queen?

The first Freddie one!

I hope you do like it (very small chance) cause I honestly think it's horrible.