[14] John Deacon I

John just proposed to you

-/-

"...no," you whispered, breaking the nerve wrecking silence for both you and John. You kept your gaze down and fumbled with the rings that decorated your hands. Only not the ring John wanted to put on your finger.

John stumbled back, shock completely taking over him. "What?"

As he stepped back you stepped closer.

"Please please please don't get me wrong, it's very romantic and I- I love it. I just do not want to get married John. Not this instant at least." You explained and pointed to your surroundings. John had decorated the whole living room with candles and lots of flowers. Using only candles as a source of light would be too dim so he also put up some fairy lights.

John's shock ebbed away slightly, his face relaxed but he was still holding the opened jewelry box, not ready to close it.

John took ahold of your hand, drawing imaginary circles on your skin. "We don't have to get married right away you know. We- we could be engaged for a long time first and t-then proceed whenever you feel you are ready?" John proposed, uncertain but he loved you deeply and wouldn't give up so quickly.

"Sir down for a moment please," you said, not responding to him as you nodded towards the couch.

He sat down and you sat down on the chair in front of him. John was irritated. Not necessarily because of your answer, if this truly was your decision then so be it. But you not replying annoyed him.

"Can you give me time? I really love you John. Please know that. But I ha-"

Your assistant interrupted you. He practically bursted through the door.

"What are you doing here?" You asked and stood up promptly. Now you were annoyed too. Why hadn't he given you a call?

"Miss [your name], I have- a- a very urgent message for you." He breathed out, one hand in his waist to give himself some support. Andrew had definitely hurried his way over here, he was a little sweaty and completely out of breath.

"Well what is it?" You irked.

Andrew eyed John suspiciously before walking to you and whispering the message in your ear. He left the house right after.

You were nailed to the ground. Only your eyes moved, searching for your bag and avoiding John's eyes at all costs.

"I have to go." You said barely audible, and picked up your purse.

John shook his head, avoiding your eyes to try to restrain from getting angry. "Course you do..." he mumbled.

"Sorry?" You blinked, not wanting to get into a fight but you obviously couldn't ignore such comment.

"Nothing. Leave already" John commanded and waited eagerly for you to leave.

You opened your mouth to speak, however decided against it. The message you had gotten was was too important. You had no time to explain yourself or to talk some sense into your boyfriend.

"I'll see you," you mumbled and pulled on your coat. You walked out of the house, your mind thinking about a thousand things at once. You sighed, shook your head and slammed the door shut.

***

To those who care: there'll be a part two of this