9:47 a.m.

The fire department had arrived about ten minutes ago. I had called them when I couldn't see Alessandra. When they got here the ambulance took a look at my hand, they got the glass out and bandaged it up. Luckily Alessandra was ok and she had saved the dude who started the whole thing. But that means my job is almost complete. She has reached her Potential and now there's something we need to do.

"Alessandra, we need to go," I said to her. She was sitting on the sidewalk looking through the red file again while the fire department people were taking care of and questioning the guy responsible for the explosion. He was sitting in the back of an ambulance while more firefighters put out the fire and inspected the building. The police department should be here anytime now to question the guy further. Alessandra looked up. The top part of her face was covered in ash and she had taken off her makeshift face mask so there was a missing piece of her purple shirt at the very bottom but her black jacket was zipped up so it only looked like a tear.
"We can't leave, we have to let them look at your ankle and your hand!"
"They already did and it's fine. My ankle will be ok but we need to leave."
"The case can wait, Seth," she said putting the file in her bag. The explosion had knocked it behind the car when she fell and luckily I grabbed it. Seth to the rescue!
"This isn't about the case," I said and it was true. This was about something much bigger than a case. There was a whole other part of my life that Alessandra didn't know about, and now I needed to show her. The reason I've been keeping an eye on her is that she has Potential, and not just any Potential. She has the Potential. The Potential to do something great, to be something great. And now that she's proven herself it's time to show her. "It's about something bigger. A lot bigger."
"Seth, what are you talking about?"
"You just saved a man from a burning building without a second thought about your own safety! Alessandra, you're a hero."
"I just did the right thing, that doesn't make me a hero," she said standing up.
"Yes it does, don't you see!"
"No, I just did the right thing." she pushed past me and walked away.
I sprinted to catch up to her, "Alice, wait! You don't understand! I have to show you!" once I had caught up to her she looked like she could care less.
"What?" She said wheeling around to face me and looking annoyed. I get that annoyed look from her a lot.
"Can you just listen to me first? Just hear me out ok," she folded her arms but gave me her attention. "Ok follow me, I'll explain on the way!"