8:30 p.m.

Everything that had happened after that, Blaine had to explain to me afterward. Apparently, him and Guinevere had rushed in when the heard the gunshot and Blaine and I untied Alessandra. I had carried her to the nearest person I could find while Guinevere looked around for Sterlings. She had somehow gotten away, but at the moment it didn't matter. Nothing did except for getting Alessandra help.

The person Blaine and I found was a guard who took Alessandra to the atrium and down another hallway to the hospital wing while yelling orders to the other guards to find help. Blaine went back to check on Guinevere and I tried to follow the guard but another guard grabbed me from behind and started dragging me back to the interrogation room. (Blaine said I was screaming and stuff but . . . ) Blaine and Guinevere tried to help me but more guards came and got all three of us. All I wanted to do was go see Alessandra but the guards wouldn't let us. The guards threw us back into the interrogation room.
Olivia, from the Council, came into the interrogation room a while later where me, Blaine, and Guinevere were. This time her form was that of a girl in her twenties, about my age. Her new form was wearing a long orange dress with a thin, braided, brown leather belt about her waist. Her black hair flowed to her waist right above the thin belt and her eyes were now a deep shade of blue.
She sat down across from Blaine, Guinevere and me, placing her elbows on the table and clasping her hands together.
"Seth, I need you to tell me what happened. From the beginning," she demanded. "Tell me everything. Please."
So I explained as best I could, and here we are.

After I had explained everything I could Olivia stared at me thoughtfully, considering my story.
"But why would the Council member Mia Sterlings do something like that?" Olivia asked. "She doesn't seem like the person who would do this. Do you have any idea why she tried to kill Alessandra?"
"N-no. I have no idea." I said. And that was the truth. I have no idea why Mia Sterlings would do this. She's the leader of the Council and doing something like this would ruin her reputation.
"It doesn't make any sense," said Blaine. "If Mia Sterlings is the leader of the Council, why would she try to kill Alessandra? What good would it do her? She's only known Alessandra for a few hours. This doesn't add up."
"Unless," I said, finally coming to my senses. An idea occurred and I wanted to slap myself over the head. All the pieces seemed to fit together now.
Of course! You idiot! I slammed my fist on the table. "I should've known! If he got to her than nowhere is safe anymore! I'm such a fool!"
"Seth, what is it?" Olivia asked as a put my head in my hands then ran my fingers through my hair.
"I should've seen this coming!" I said wanting to pull at my hair.
"Well, what is it? What happened to Sterlings geek?" asked Blaine, folding his arms impatiently.
"Don't you see!" I looked up at them pitying their obliviousness. Guinevere signed something to Blaine, a look of realization coming over her face.
"No . . . if that's true then . . . " the color drained from Blaine's face as he looked at me with an expression I couldn't read.
"What? What is it? What happened to Sterlings?!" Now it was Olivia's turn to be impatient with us.
"The only logical explanation for what happened to Sterlings is . . . " Blaine couldn't bring himself to finish. He took Guinevere's hand looking at her sadly, his face still pale. I wanted to give the poor guy a hug.
"Mind control." I finished for him. "Mia Sterlings was mind controlled by my father."

"I need to see her now!" I demanded to Olivia.
Olivia had let us out of the interrogation room in a rush. We were going to find Liam since, if anything were to happen to Sterlings, he was the next in command. They were also going to have to appoint a third member of the Council soon, but that could wait. All I wanted to do was see Alessandra and make sure she was ok.
Luckily Olivia seemed to trust us even though my dad was out and on the move again. And he had gotten to a Council member hero. And not just any hero, the leader of the Council. Sterlings had gotten away too which wasn't even the worst part. The worst part was that Alessandra was hurt because my father knew something about her was special, besides the fact that she had the Potential. Something about Alessandra very, very important and she had gotten hurt because of it. Because I wasn't there to protect her like I should have been. I was to busy being arrested for my father's mistakes. He was going to pay for that and I'm glad Olivia seemed to trust me. She knows I wouldn't hurt anyone in this superhero HQ as my father would. Well, I did hurt Mia Sterlings for shooting my best friend, which made me feel bad because she's being mind controlled. Next time I'll settle with taking her to superhero jail. Once we get Alessandra healed. If we can. I can't lose her.
"First we have to explain what's happened to Liam. No one is safe anymore Seth, if the leader of the Council has been mind controlled then we must take the proper precautions. Everyone will be so worried. Maybe we should keep this on the down low from the other heroes for a while. They'll be in a panic if they find out. But I guess that's for Liam to decide."
"Olivia! I need to see Alessandra. I need to make sure she's ok!" I said stopping as Olivia started to turn another corner. Blaine and Guinevere were following her but they stopped when they saw me stop. At least I knew I could count on them to help me out. I trusted them, even if we've only just met.
"Seth I don't have time for this-" Olivia began.
"And I don't have time for this! Alessandra's been shot Olivia and I'm going to see her with or without you!" I snapped. It wasn't really like me to snap like this. It's only happened a few times and I always feel bad about it afterward, but at least I now have her full attention.
"I am a Council member Seth and you will treat me with respect," Olivia said her face heating with slight anger. "However, I understand that you're concerned. You go see your girlfriend while I go tell Liam what's happened."
Now my face turned red, but with embarrassment. "She's not my-- she's not my girlfriend, we're just friends."
"You're blushing," Olivia stated, and then she turned on her heal and marched away.
"I am not!" I turned to Blaine and Guinevere, "Come on, let's go find Alessandra."
"So the geek has a little crush I see." Blaine smugly remarked.
"Let it go, Blaine!" I said turning, and storming in the opposite direction of Olivia, towards the hospital wing of the HQ.