10:10 p.m.

Alessandra was lying in her hospital bed in the hospital wing of the HQ. The hospital wing had white tiled floors with white walls and you could probably fit an entire basketball court in here, including the stands. Each bed was divided by a mint colored curtain, and beside each bed were computer systems to measure the patient's vitals and other stuff I don't know about that probably has to do with their powers.

The nurse had brought three chairs in Alessandra's curtain cubical thing for the three of us to sit. Blaine and Guinevere were sitting in the chairs while I stood by Alessandra's bed waiting for her to wake up. Her face was so pale and the wound in her shoulder looked awful, I just wanted to give her a hug to make her feel better but she was sleeping so that would be awkward.
The doctor had said that she was also hit with an amnesia dart. I really hope that it's only temporary. I couldn't imagine what it would be like if Alessandra had forgotten about me and just saw me as a total stranger. Seeing her like this and thinking about her condition, and if she didn't get better- tears start filling my eyes.
No, Seth, you're a grown man. You are not going to cry. She will be fine!
Alessandra's hand gave a slight twitch.
Then her eyes fluttered open. She stared at me in confusion.
"W-where am I?" she asked weekly. Her voice was only a whisper.
Blaine stood up and poked his head out of the curtain, "Doctor dude, she's awake!"
Ignoring him I answered Alessandra, "You're at the superhero hospital. It's going to be ok."
I reached for her hand but she quickly pulled it away.
No, I didn't mean it like that! I thought. I didn't want her to think that I-
"Who are you?" she asked looked shocked at my gesture. I could feel my face heating with embarrassment. My worst fear was coming true! She doesn't remember me and now she thinks that I'm a creep-o dude or something! Luckily the doctor saved me from explaining. I stepped back and sat in one of the chairs next to Blaine.
"It'll be ok, geek. Don't worry, they said it would wear off remember." It was nice of Blaine to try and help but I wasn't sure.
"How are you feeling Alessandra?" the doctor asked. The doctor wearing a white coat with a stethoscope around his neck. He had graying hair and laugh lines on his face, round glasses with black trim perched on his perfectly straight nose.
But just then Alessandra's eyes rolled back into her head and she was lifeless. "What!?"
"What happened?!" I bolted up and Blaine grabbed my arm, trying to make me sit down but I shook him off. "What just-?
The computer made a ringing sound. Her heartbeat was gone.
"I need help in here!" the doctor called for more people to come in but everything was a blur and for the second time that night I almost had a panic attack. Guinevere had her hands over her mouth in shock and Blaine was trying to calm me down.
"Seth, Seth! Just-" Blaine had his hands on my shoulders and was shaking me. Great work at trying to keep me calm bro!
"No, no, no!" I pushed him back and he fell in Guinevere's lap as more doctors rushed into the room, but there was nothing they could do and I knew it. I was the only one who could help her now and I had just about no time to think.
I ran out of the curtain thingy and rushed passed all the others, bursting through the doors leading into the hallway. I could hear Blaine and Guinevere running after me and Blaine shouting my name.
I ran faster than I've ever run in my life to the atrium. I ran into Olivia and Liam, literally but I just kept running not even stopping to saying sorry (I did later because I felt bad for knocking them over onto the hard ground) I ran down the hallway, having one destination set in my mind. Only one thing could save Alessandra now, and I knew just where it was.
Practically busting down the door to Sterlings old office, I ran inside and rummaged through her desk, almost breaking it in the process. I didn't find it and I was running out of time if I wasn't already out. Hopefully, the doctors could do something to delay her . . .
Of course, it's not here! Only one place left to look. I saw above Sterlings' desk there was a giant portrait of the ocean that I didn't have time to admire. I ripped it down and long behold, a safe which I prayed contained the thing I needed. I made a fire with my hand and melted the metal lock on safe that was embedded in the wall. I yanked it opened. What was inside almost made me cry tears of joy but there wasn't time for that. I grabbed it and ran faster than before for the hospital wing.
This time I ran into a confused Blaine and Guinevere in the atrium and almost knocked them over but they started running with me.
"Seth, what's going on?" Blaine asked angrily as Guinevere signed angrily at me. "What is that? Is that-"
"Yes! And it's our only hope!"
"Alright Princess Leia," Blaine muttered as we burst through the hospital doors and practically ripped down the curtain when we found the right one.
Only one doctor was left. It was the one Blaine had called for a couple minutes earlier. He was pulling a white sheet over Alessandra's head.
"No! Wait!" I handed the doctor the black rock that gave people with the Potential powers. "This could work! If the right power chooses her then it could save her!"
"I'm afraid it's too late. We lost her sir. And even if we did try, she has to choose to get powers or else it won't work." said the doctor.
"But she did choose powers! I just know it!" I said finally starting to lose it. "Please, we have to try . . . "
The doctor shook his head and started to take the rock with him to leave and put it back into safely. My hope was starting to fade and my eyes filled with tears. Alessandra can't be gone!
But then Blaine did the unexpected. He snatched the rock from the doctor so hard, the doctor almost fell over. Blaine uncovered the sheet from Alessandra and placed the rock in her hands. Then we waited. We all seemed to hold our breath. We waited for seconds that seemed to last an eternity.
"You see it's much too-" the doctor began.
But a bright white light flashed from the rock interrupting the doctor. The light spread all the way up her arm, right to the place where the wound was, and closed it.
Alessandra bolted up and the rock fell out of her hand. "What-"
she didn't get to finish. I tackled her in a bear hug, "Ally! You're ok!"
I could hear Blaine angrily scolding the doctor who was trying to tell me to be careful with her and that he would be back to do more tests in a moment. But it didn't matter, as long as she was ok.
"Seth I'd like to be able to breathe if you don't mind!" she chided.
"Right sorry. That's important . . . "I pulled away, letting her breath and take in everything that had just happened. My vision was blurred with tears.
"Who are you two?" she asked Blaine and Guinevere.
"This is Blaine who is secretly a geek and this is Guinevere who is obviously awesome!" I said waving my hands at them as I introduced them. I laughed with pleasure to see her awake and already getting back to her old self.
"I am not a geek, geek," Blaine said folding his arms.
"Then what was that about you calling me Princess Leia?" I asked teasingly.
"You said the rock was your only hope. In the movie-"
"Whatever. The point is Alessandra's ok!"
"Is she now?" Olivia said entering with Liam and the doctor. Alessandra looked even more confused than before.
"I'm fine," Alessandra said.
"Miraculous!" Liam exclaimed. "How?"
"I don't know . . . "
"It was the rock!" said the doc. "I told them! I told them not to use it!"
"It's alright Herman." Olivia said, "but what powers did you get?"
Just then, Guinevere stamped her foot on the ground to get our attention. She signed angrily. She had been trying to tell us something while we were acting all happy.
"What did she say?" asked Liam.
"She said that it's obvious what powers Alessandra got. She also said that she's mad for being ignored but . . . "
"Forgive us miss," said Liam kindly, making Guinevere blush slightly and causing Blaine to give him a slightly envious look.
"Her powers are healing of course!" I exclaimed, making Blaine forget about Liam, and Guinevere nods happily that someone understood.
"Yes, of course! That's how she healed the wound." Liam said knowingly.
"No kidding," Blaine muttered.
"It's remarkable!" Olivia stated.
"B-but," the doctor, Herman was his name, looked a little heartbroken he wasn't going to see us get in trouble for using the rock without permission.
"Don't worry doc.," said Blaine patting him on the back a little too hard. "Maybe next time," he said, giving Herman an evil grin.
"This is all great and stuff but . . . I really need to let this process," said Alessandra stifling a yawn.
"Of course," said Olivia, opening the curtain and beckoning Liam and Herman through. Guinevere followed and then Blaine who gave me a pat on the back and whispered.
"You did pretty well. For a geek I mean." and then he followed the others outside leaving me and Alessandra.

"How are you feeling?"
"Sleepy," she yawned. "But better."
"Good, I don't know . . . I thought you were gone."
"You're not getting rid of me that easily fire boy," she said laying down and closing her eyes.
I grinned. "Too bad."
"But really," she whispered seriously. "Thank you."
"What for?" It wasn't really like Alessandra to thank anyone.
But she was already asleep and started to snore.