Epilogue

"Six months ago Mia Sterlings, former leader of the Council of Heroes, was under mind control," Olivia Stephenson was speaking to the crowd of heroes, all of them had gathered in the atrium. Liam Williams was standing on the podium beside her. He was the leader of the Council of Heroes now. His dark skin was like coffee that matched his dark eyes. He was wearing a black suit and tie with freshly polished dress shoes. Liam had finally thought it was time to get the word of Seth's father into the opened. They hadn't wanted to worry the other heroes, they have families of their own to return to at the end of each mission. They have normal lives too. The Council didn't want them to live in fear. But so many heroes have gone missing over the past six months that they had no choice but to tell the other heroes the truth. And now here she was, about to deliver the worst of the news.

Olivia drew an uneasy breath, looking around at all the heroes faces then started again. "I know that you all have been worried about her disappearance and the disappearance of so many others over the past months. In the time of her absence, we have made Liam Williams leader of the Council and appointed another member to the Council. Lance Roger," Olivia indicated to the crowd at Lance. Lance was tall and thin, with short light hair and dark brown eyes. He had on a nice black suit and shoes so shiny the light from above, in the center of the atrium, shone off them. His tie was a vibrant shade of blue.

"But I am not here to talk about the progress the Council has made over the course of these events. Our greatest enemy is once again at large, Mia Sterlings was mind controlled by Mindbender. A mass criminal villain that has been off our radar for many years." there were many gasps and shudders in the crowd but Olivia continued. "While under mind control Sterlings shot a young woman who had the Potential. The woman recovered by getting powers, but Sterlings got away. She and the other heroes who have disappeared are still out there with their minds being altered by the Mind Bender. The Council did not feel it right to tell you this at the time, for this news can make even the bravest heroes tremble. But Mindbender is out there, taking heroes and we need to make sure we know what we're up against. If anyone you know goes missing, please let the Council know immediately. We have to take the proper precautions. No one is safe anymore. Somehow Mind Bender got to Sterlings, he can get to any of us too."

Olivia paused to let that sink in with the audience. There were gasps in the crowd as they all thought about their families, their friends, and everyone who these heroes cared about and didn't want to get hurt.

"On another note, Seth Mentis, the son of Mindbender, has resigned his job as a sidekick working for the Council. Two teenagers also resigned their jobs the same day as Mind Bender's son. We can only assume that these teenagers are being mind controlled and that Seth is working with his father, the Mind Bender, to recruit heroes and mind control them. Seth is dangerous! He kidnapped the woman who Sterlings shot, Alessandra Eberhart was her name. Please be cautious of Seth Mentis and the two teenagers with him. They are dangerous. Be safe heroes!" Olivia concluded her speech and then let Liam do some talking since he was the Council leader.