10:24 a.m.

We stopped back at the Police Department so I could get the car and take Alessandra to the HQ. On the way, I did the only thing I could do. I explained how there was a whole other world beyond the average person's comprehension. She trusted me enough to let me take her where we needed to go.

"So you're telling me that superheroes are real?" Alessandra asked in disbelief. I nodded. "and I'm supposed to just, believe that? How does that even work? Are they even humans?"
"Most of them are human, yes," I said. "But that's classified for you. And there's a system. That is there's someone like me who is assigned to a person that has the Potential for heroism. We keep an eye on them until they reach that Potential if they ever do."
"Some have never gotten their Potential? How do you even know who has the Potential?" she asked then she shook her head. "Wait, so you've been spying on me this whole time?"
"Some take a different path," I said turning a corner.
Almost there
"We have a hero who can sense which people have the Potential and which don't. And I wasn't spying on you, I was-"
"Whatever. Just continue, how does all this work?" she said, folding her arms.
"Well now that you've done a noble deed and reached your heroic Potential it's time for me to present you to the Council and they will decide if you get powers."
"What powers are there to choose from and how do they have them contained? Or better yet how did they get these powers? And who are these Council members?"
"That's classified. But I can tell you that the Council members were chosen because they have completed the noblest deeds. That's all I know most of this stuff is classified. I'm just the guy who brings in newbies like you."
"How many newbies have you brought in?" Alessandra asked as we turned another corner.
"Well, you're going to be the first. I'm new at this ok?" I said a little sheepishly as she looked over at me from the passenger seat.
"Wait you've never done this before?"
"Well no but-"
"Are you even a hero? How did you find out about this place if you're not? Do you have any powers?" she fired the questions and didn't see how much the first one had stung. I want to be a hero but things are, complicated.
"My dad used to work for the Council and now I do, and yes I have powers," I said trying to contain myself. I don't like talking about my dad.
"Really? Do you have powers? How did you get them? What are they?"
"Yes, I got them a while ago," I said sharply.
"What powers do you have?" she asked excitedly.
"We're here," I said relieved to let the conversation drop.