Chapter 8

WARNING: VIOLENCE

JOHN'S POV

I walked with Herc to the school grounds, finally back to school and away from my family. But I couldn't seem to find Alex anywhere. He wasn't in our dorm when I got back. I was confused, but decided not to worry about it, because I'd see him on Monday, right? I know I wasn't gonna see Laf, though. He said he was going on a 'break'. Well, that's what we're saying...

Alex and I only have one class in the morning together, but we sit EXACTLY across the room from each other, which really sucks. But he ran out the door when class was over, and the teacher wanted to talk to me to tell me what I missed on Friday. But I'd knew I'd see him at lunch.

When I walked outside to our normal spot, I noticed everyone but Alex and Eliza were there. But 5 minutes later, they walk in and sit down with us. I could tell Eliza and  Alex were both crying recently because they had tear marks on their cheeks. They were silent. So I decided to break the ice. 

"So, Alex, where have you been? I haven't seen you since I came back." I asked casually. Alex looked up at me.

"Yeah, sorry, I was really busy" he said. But I wasn't convinced.

"With what? Eliza, do you have any idea?" I asked again. But right when I mentioned Eliza, Angelica shot me a death glare. Now I knew something was up. 

"Guys? You ok?" I cautiously asked. 

"NO! NO I AM NOT FREAKIN OK! DON'T YOU THINK YOU CAN TELL? YOUR NOT OBLIVIOUS, JOHN! YOU KNOW SOMETHINGS UP AND YOU WANT TO KNOW. WE ALL CAN TELL! JUST STOP IT ALREADY! LEAVE ME ALONE!" I got in response. I was shocked. Eliza never yells at us. At me.

"Eliza... I'm sorry, I didn't-" I was cut off.

"OF COURSE YOU DIDN'T KNOW! WHENEVER YOU WANT DIRT, YOU ASK OBLIVIOUS QUESTIONS! WE ALL KNOW THAT ABOUT YOU! YOU WANT DIRT? FINE!" she yelled back. Then she bent down, grabbed a handful of dirt, and threw it at me.

"HAPPY?!" she yelled before running away, crying. I felt terrible. Really terrible. But also hurt. I didn't realize everyone felt that way towards me...

Peggy ran to me and helped me wipe the dirt off and planted a kiss on my cheek. Then Alex stopped Angie from running after her and said "Ange, I'll go. John,  don't worry, nothing's your fault, she just ... has a lot of pressure on her. It's ok." and ran off after Eliza. 

Even though Alex told me it's not my fault, that I did nothing wrongs, that she's not really mad at me, but I still feel like shit. 

Literately.

I think, in the dirt she threw at me, there was dog shit in there.

ALEX'S POV

After about 7-10 minutes, I found Eliza at the back of the school, in a ball, shaking. 

"Eliza! There you are! Are you-" I stopped when she lifted up her face revealing a black eye and a busted lip.

"JESUS CRIST! ELIZA! WHAT HAPPENED?!" I yelled, running to her side. She practically fell sideways into my arms, and started bawling. 

"Eliza? Tell me what happened, please! It was those three boys again, wasn't it?" I quickly asked, hoping the answer was no. I was hoping maybe she just tripped, or fell down something. I don't want her to continue getting beaten up, especially after all she's been through. 

To my delight, she shook her head no. But she was still crying. 

"Liz? Did you fall or something?" I asked. But she shook her head no.