Chapter 18

THIRD PERSON POV

"Nooooooooooo! Something else!"

"Aleeeeex! Why not!!!" Eliza wined in the middle of their "argument".

To be exact, their "argument" was filled with playful hitting, laughing, and wining. You see, Eliza wanted to go on a roller coaster. Alex was not very fond of that idea.

"Oh come on Alex! It doesn't even go upside down!" she argued.

"No!" Alex shot back, laughing.

"Awe, are you scared?!" Eliza paused, giggling.

"N-no!" Alex stuttered, his face going red. "I just don't feel like going on a roller coaster today!"

"Sure~" she teased, and dragged him towards the coaster.

"Eliza!"

"Your going on if you want to make me happy!"

"... Fine. Only to make you happy because I'm actually a good person and care about other people WHO DO NOT WANT TO GO ON ROLLER COASTERS!!!" he exclaimed

"Oh, your such a baby!" she said as they were about to sit down on the seats.

And then the ride started. Alex squeezed Eliza's hand so tight she felt like it was going to pop off. The roller coaster started moving forward into the darkness. Then, they shot up straight and got to the top. 

And then it shot down. 

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!" Alex screamed at the top of his lungs and gripped Eliza's hand. Eliza on the other hand, screamed with delight as they zoomed through the tracks. She laughed at her boyfriend as he screamed like a little girl. 

The coaster came to a stop, and everyone on the ride started clapping and laughing.

Eliza hopped out of the cart with a wide smile, meanwhile, Alex was petrified, shaking as he got out of the cart.

"Alex! Wasn't that fun!" Eliza squealed

"NO! NO IT WAS NOT! NEVER MAKE WE DO THAT AGAIN!!!" Alex yelled, holding onto Eliza as he shook. She just laughed at him.

"WHY ARE YOU LAUGHING!!!" he yelled

"BECAUSE IT'S FUNNY!!!" she yelled in the same tone, laughing

"LET DO ANOTHER ONE!!!" Eliza yelled again

"NOOOOOO!!!" Alex screeched, holding onto Eliza's arm.

"I'm joking! Jeez, you need to be more chill!" she giggled. (😉 yes I did that on purpose)

"You better be..." Alex mumbled, and Eliza hit him on the arm

"Let's go on the ferris wheel!" she exclaimed as they came near it

"The things I do for you, woman" Alex responded, chuckling.

They neared the lady who gave out tickets.

"Hi! I'm Marina!" she said happily. Alex and Eliza both noticed a red stain on her shirt, but shrugged it off.

"Hi! I'm Eliza and this is my boyfriend, Alex. Two tickets please!" Eliza said happily. She really was excited.

As she was getting the tickets, Alex broke the silence by asking: "Um, not trying to be rude, but why does your name tag say 'Marinara Sawce'?". Eliza slapped him on his arm, shooting him a dirty look.

"Oh, it's not rude! I just love marinara sauce, and it is kinda similar to my name, so it just stuck between me and the other staff. Plus, I eat it for lunch everyday! My friend thinks I'm married to it. I mean, I might as well be!" she explained.

Now they realized what the stain was. They both didn't know what to say, but Eliza just wanted to get out of there as soon as possible.

"Well, thank you! Have a nice day!" she exclaimed, grabbed Alex's hand, and ran off to wait to give the man at the front of the Ferris wheel their tickets.

"Well that was... interesting?" Alex said, and within seconds, they both started bursting with laughter.

"Oh stop it! That poor woman!" Eliza said between breaths

"Whatever, it was funny"

"... It was..." Eliza said, and they burst out laughing

"Tickets please!" the man asked

They gave him their tickets and directed them to a section they would sit in (Idk what there called) .

"Eliza, this looks h-high" Alex said. Eliza took his hand in hers.

"Alex, it doesn't go fast, and yeah, it's pretty high, but it's impossible to fall out unless you open the door or jump off" she comforted.

"O-ok.."

The ride started moving. It slowly went up. Eliza was talking to Alex, trying to distract him until they stopped moving to ease his fear slowly. Soon, they were ¾ quarters to the top, and Alex looked away from Eliza. She watched as his eyes widened.

"O-oh my g-god..." he started, and then he screamed.

"Alex!" she yelled, startled by his scream

"I-its just s-so h-high!" he stuttered, tears forming in his eyes.

"Alex, it's ok. Your not going to get hurt" she said, and pulled him in for a hug. He buried his head in the crook of her neck and started fully crying. She rubbed his head.

"Shhhh. Its ok, Alex. Your ok, I'm here. I won't let anything happen to you" she said, and whispered more encouraging things in his ear.

Then, the ferris wheel came to a stop. Alex looked up, startled. He looked like a mess. His hair was messed up, he had tear stains on his face, and Eliza could see the fear in his eyes.

"Alex, do you want to see the view?" Eliza asked, softly

"S-sure..." Alex said, trying to be a trooper

"Oh, Alex, look!" she exclaimed, rubbing his shoulders

"Oh... oh wow! It really is p-pretty!" he said, wiping his tears away

"That's it! Good job! See? It's not that scary!" she exclaimed, smiling at him. He smiled back at her, wider than she'd seen it all day.

"Y-your right. It isn't. I-it's actually kind of pretty!" Alex said, excited.

"I know, right?!"

They talked more and looked out the window until the ride had ended. They walked off it and towards the exit.

"T-thanks, Liza. I had a lot of fun, even though it was my idea..." he said, and wiggled his eyebrows at the last part. Eliza snorted and then covered her mouth.

"Awe, Eliza, its cute!" he said, and moved her hand away.

"Heh... thanks, Lex"

"Well, what can I say except, your welcome?" he said, and Eliza cocked a brow and laughed.

And together, they walked out of the amusement park/carnival, glad to have this happy day. Nothing to worry about, nobody to steer away from, and nobody to care for but each other on that beautiful day.