Why?

This is based off of a prompt on tumblr :) add me :):):)
Christiansoccermom is my @ :)

Everyone is on a mission at a HYDRA base except for Bucky and Peter, because Peter is too young, and because they can't afford for Bucky to go all Winter Soldier on them. So, Bucky is looking after Peter whilst the others are gone.
Peter is 13 in this one shot
Trigger Warning: Mentioned Rape, attempted suicide, bullying, and self harm

'In other news tonight, Skip Wescott (if you know, you know) has been released from an 4 year prison sentence after being caught as a child rapist' Bucky stood up and turned the TV off, shuddering at the words 'child rapist'. He couldn't get the image of a tiny Steve out of his head. Suddenly, he heard the elevator door open, and he turned around, his hand hovering over the space where he hid his spare pocket knife. He relaxed when he saw it was just Peter coming home from school. "Hey Pete!" Bucky said excitedly. Everyone knew he had a soft spot for the kid, and he wasn't going to admit it, but Peter was like his little brother. So to say he was surprised when Peter didn't say hi to him was an understatement. Bucky walked over to Peter, and Peter just ran to his room. Thinking it was just something little, Bucky went and sat back down, waiting for Peter to come back into the living room.

Peter sat on the floor of his bathroom, tears rolling down his cheeks as he dragged the small silver blade across his wrists. He looked down at his usually pearly white floor, which was now spotted with drops of a dark red. He stood up and wiped away his tears. He rummaged through his medicine cupboard and found his first aid kit. He grabbed a white bandage and wrapped it around both of his wrists. He took a deep breath and walked out into the living room. "Peter, why have you bandaged your wrists up" Bucky asked when he saw Peter, and Peter broke. "I'm so sorry Bucky, I didn't mean to , it just all came back and I couldn't handle it and schools been getting worse and Ned and MJ moved schools and I'm all alone and I just don't care" he said as he cried. Bucky picked Peter up and say him down next to him.
"What happened?" Bucky said, knowing what was happening.
"I cut again" he said quietly, and Bucky closed his eyes.
"Why Peter?" Bucky said quietly, his mind wondering what was happening.
"Flash is still bullying me but I didn't want to say anything, and Skip is back out of prison and I saw him and he chased me home and I really need him to just stay away because it brings back memories, but he was my supply teacher today and he kept on calling me Einstein which is what he used to call me when he hurt me and I really can't handle it anymore!" Peter said, and he had tears dripping down his face. It took all of Buckys willpower to not find this Skip and kill him. "Peter, its OK, you're safe now. You know that me and everyone else will protect you, because we love you. Now, let's bandage your cuts properly, OK?" He said, trying to be calm, but Peters fucking wrists were bleeding. He rushed around to get a medical kit, and ran back to Peter. He cleaned the cuts, and apologised when Peter winced. As he finished bandaging up the cuts, he looked over to see Peters tears drying on his cheeks. Bucky turned a movie on and sat next to Peter. Peter curled up I to Buckys side and began to cry again. It felt good for him to finally be able to tell someone. Bucky looked over a couple of minutes later and realised that Peter had fallen asleep. Bucky sat like that for hours before he finally fell asleep.