Deep End

Peter and Aunt May's Apartment

Peter lay on his bed, looking up at the ceiling. He turned his head slightly, until he was facing his shelves on the other side of the room. He sighed, and breathed in slowly. The blade was glinting in the moonlight. He lifted his head up and got out of bed, and walked over to the shelves, his mind telling him not to cut, but his heart telling him that he had too. The blade seemed like the only light in his life, the thing keeping him alive. But it could also be the thing to make him die. Peter grabbed the blade and ran into the bathroom, his pale, bare feet barely making a noise as the hit the cold, hard ground. He ran in and sat on the white tiles. He began to cry as he bought the knife up to his wrist and began to cut. He watched, tears dripping down his face as the skin opened, and began to bleed. He made thin lines of red up and down his arms,  the blood trickling down onto the floor, but his healing factor stopping him from dying. Peter sobbed as he realised that he wouldn't be able to die by cutting his wrists, or overdosing, because of his stupid healing and metabolism. He stood up slowly and looked around, hoping to find some rope that he could use. He looked in the cupboard under the sink and found a longish piece of rope from when he and May had rescued a cat from a tree. Peter ran into the lounge and grabbed the old wooden chair that he had found at a thrift store a couple of years ago. He dragged the chair to the bathroom and winced at the noise it made as it was dragged across the floor. Peter stood on the chair and tied the rope to the curtain pole. As he climbed onto the chair and put his head through the noose, a single tear trickled down his cheek and fell to the floor, mixing with the blood from his wrists. He stood on the chair and looked out of the window.

Avengers Tower

"Someone needs to go to the apartment to pick up Peter" Tony said, and everyone immediately started arguing.
"I'm going!"
"Shut up birdbrain , I'm going!"
"I want to go!"
"Oh, but I don't mind going!"
"EVERYONE SHUT UP!" Bucky shouted. Everyone turned around and stared at him. "I'm going to go get him" he shouted, and before anyone could stop him, he was out side on his motorbike.

Bucky got to the apartment and knocked on the door. "Peter?" Bucky said, and knocked again. He heard soft crying from inside and began to hit the door. "PETER? I NEED YOU TO OPEN THE DOOR!" Bucky pleaded through the door. He kicked the door down when he didn't get an answer and looked around. The crying had stopped, so Bucky looked around the house and saw the bathroom door was slightly open. He ran over and saw Peter standing on a chair, a rope around his neck. He looked at Bucky and began to cry, still not taking the rope off from around his neck. "I'm sorry Bucky! I didn't mean to, I didnt mean to!" Peter cried, as Bucky looked him in the eye and said, "Please Peter, just come down, it'll be alright". Peter looked away and closed his eyes.
"I can't, I'm sorry Bucky" he whispered, and Bucky was almost crying with frustration.
"Peter, its fine, just please get down!" Bucky begged, but Peter shook his head.
"I can't, I'm sorry" Peter whispered, and Bucky wanted to walk forwards and grab Peter, but he couldn't, or Peter might do it.
"You can Peter! You have so many people who love you! Me, Tony, Steve, Nat, Clint, Bruce, Sam! We need you Pete! So please, get down" bucky begged, and Peter slowly lifted the rope. Bucky sighed in relief. Peter slowly got off of the chair, and fell into Bucky. Bucky wrapped his arms around Peter and held him tight, the image of Peter crying with a rope around his neck burnt into his mind. They fell to the floor, and Peter held Bucky like he was the only thing keeping him alive. Bucky held Peter just as tight. His little brother was standing on the chair. Ready to die. Bucky closed his eyes and held Peter. He felt a wet patch forming on his shoulder, and realised Peter was crying again.
"Its okay Peter, its ok, I've got you, nothings going to hurt you, nothing" Bucky whispered as Peter cried, holding him close, promising him that he would never let anything hurt him.
When Bucky looked down, he realised that Peters wrists were still bloody.
"OK Peter, I'm going to need you to go and get some bandages from your cupboard, and then come straight back here, OK?" Bucky said softly, and Peter nodded as he stood up. As he walked out, Bucky picked up his phone and called Steve. It went to voicemail, so he left a message.
Hey Steve. I went to pick up Peter and he's here, but he was going to- he was standing on the chair, and- God, Steve, the kid- Pete had blood and his wrists, and he had a rope round his neck. God Stevie, he was about to step off the chair. I need you and the others to get here as soon as possible" Bucky whispered as he ended the call.
Peter walked back into the room with bandages and gave them to Bucky. Bucky beckoned the kid over and began to bandage his wrists. Peter held his head down and sniffed. As soon as Bucky was finished bandaging Peter up, he gave him another hug. Peter silently hugged him back, and when they finally let go, Peter dragged Bucky to his bedroom window, and climbed the ladder to get to his favourite spot- the roof. They sat there, staring at the moon, shivering in the late night air.
"Im sorry Bucky" Peter whispered, and Bucky smiled softly at him and said, "it'll be alright." They looked down and saw the minivan drive up, and everyone got out. They looked up and began to run up to the house. Minutes later, they were sitting on the roof with Peter and Bucky. Steve and Tony ran up and gave him a hug, and Clint and Natasha watched from the side until they could hug him. Peter stayed hugging Bucky, until he finally fell asleep. Everyone stayed there with him, and they stayed until the sunrise in the morning.