Explanations And Apologies

Explanations and Apologies

Elena glared holes into Kol's back. "Since when are you chill with the originals. What are you going to tell me next; you joined a book club with Elijah?" Caroline sneered, sarcasm dripping from her words. Elena continued to look anywhere but at her friends. "We've talked about it." Elena smiled jokingly, trying to shoo away the metaphorical elephant that had entered the room. Caroline scoffed at her weak attempt to lighten the mood. "Don't tell me you've been sleeping with Klaus too!" She gave her the 'Caroline Look' which meant that she was silently judging you and didn't care if you knew. Elena looked down guiltily, thinking back to all the gestures they had shared. "Oh god... Please tell me you didn't..." She groaned. Elena cleared her throat. She realized where she had went wrong when it came down to telling her friends about the relationship she held with Klaus. "Okay it's seriously isn't how it looks. J-Just invite me in and I swear I'll explain everything." Elena pleaded. Caroline still looked furious, while everyone else stared at her in either shock or disgust. "Come in, Elena." Jeremy didn't look happy with the fact he had to invite her in, but welcomed her with open arms. The two siblings hugged it out for a while, before pulling apart. "Whatever questions you guys have I'll answer. I came though because Jeremy said he had spoken to some people about my current predicament." Elena walked into the living room and sat on the couch. Everyone else moved into the living room as well, some pulling up chairs from the dining table because there wasn't enough seating for everyone. "First things first, no I haven't slept with Klaus." Elena admitted. The tension around the entire room lessened with this break through.

"So where have you been? And why do you have two originals with you?" Caroline continued the interrogation. "I've been in New Orleans." "Why were you in New Orleans?" Stefan asked, eyebrows furrowed in full on brood mode. "I-I've been with the originals. There is a lot you don't understand." Elena shook her head, knowing full well that they were still very confused. "Why were you with the originals? What is going on? Why are you a vampire?" Jeremy protested. Elena felt so bad for keeping them out of the loop, but in her defence they hadn't really tried that hard to contact her, or even find her for that matter. "I was with Klaus and his family because they are now my family." There was an outburst of protests at this, but Elena shut them down raising her voice to be heard above everyone else's. "Let. Me. Finish!" She demanded, trying her hardest to keep her temper in check. The room went silent, everyone awaiting the long overdue explanations. "I'm not going to answer the what's going on question, because I think the easier question to answer would be what isn't going on. So lastly, I'm not a vampire." The room went silent, everyone staring at her in curiosity, well, everyone except the Salvatore brothers. Elena directed her attention towards the both of them. "You haven't told them?" She questioned turning her head to the side some. "Tell them what? That your a monster now? No Elena, it was best for everyone to remember the human aspects of you, because the alternative is just too damn depressing." Damon snarked. Elena frowned opening her mouth ready to send a smart retort his way. "Wait, so if your not a vampire why did you have to be invited inside?" Bonnie looked heartbroken to see her friend as another one of those demons. "I'm a hybrid." No one that didn't already know seemed to be in the denial stage of this process. "No, it's impossible. Your not a werewolf!" Caroline cried out. Elena sighed impatiently. It seemed the only way to have her friends understand would be to show them. She let the blood rush into her face as her hybrid features overtook her face. There was a series of collective gasps. As her friends took in her inhuman appearance. "No. Please tell me your not." Caroline held her hand over her mouth, and looked to be on the verge of a emotional breakdown. "Tell you I'm not what? A hybrid? 'Cause we've already established that I am." Elena looked on sympathetically at her blond friend. "No, tell me your not sired!" Caroline looked to either be crying or extremely angry, maybe some of both. "Okay, I'm not sired to Klaus." Elena said sincerity evident in her tone. "Don't lie just to make me feel better about this situation!" The blond's green eyes were glassy with unshed tears. "I'm not lying, Care." Elena reassured her. "Then why didn't you come home?!" Jeremy demanded. Elena couldn't help the dread that covered her face. She knew they wouldn't understand completely, but she had promised to tell them everything. "I am going to explain this only once, so listen closely." Elena looked at everyone for confirmation that they were listening. Everyone nodded their heads causing her to smile lightly.