Chapter Three-Royal Strangers

I glanced around. No one else seemed concerned or even interested. But I swore I heard something. I paused. Should I go investigate? Or should I quickly catch up to the rapidly disappearing patrol? But what if it is an outsider? I could kill them and be praised. That idea lead me to my decision. I headed towards the source of the sound.

Much to my surprise, it was an outside stranger, even better, two outside strangers. They didn't look much older than me, so I reckon that they will be super easy to kill. All I need to do is surprise them and give them a quick death. They haven't noticed me yet.

But do I really want to kill them? They can teach me so much about the outside world. Before I knew what I was doing, my mouth opened and addressed the two young men.

"Hey, you!" So much for the surprise and kill plan. The two strangers looked up. I noticed that one of them had crimson hair with a strange diamond marking on his forehead. The other had pale silver hair with very long bangs. When they heard me address them, the silver-bang instantly reached for a book on his belt. I thought that was strange, carrying books on your waist and I noticed the crimson guy also had one on his belt. I focused all my attention on gaining their trust now.

"I'm talking to you, you know,"

"Wow Nozel, didn't expect trees to talk, eh?" Crimson asked the silver-bang.

"Very funny, that is not the tree. There's someone hiding. I can sense mana," Nozel replied.

"I can hear you," I called. Before I had time to think, I slid into the clearing in full view of the outsiders.

Crimson looked surprised at first, while silver-banged's face looked blank as usual.

"Hi, I'm Luna,"

"I'm Fuegoleon and that over there with the irritated expression is Nozel," the crimson nodded at Nozel who twitched with annoyance.

"Why are you even over here?" I asked.

"It's his fault," Nozel said stiffly.

"You were the one who decided to join the mission," Fuegoleon objected.

"Since you dragged me and pestered me to,"

Okay, here's how it worked," Fuegoleon turned his attention back on me. "I'm a Magic Knight and part of the Crimson Lions who just assigned me to clear a dungeon. And Nozel came along as well. So we did all that and got the treasure," Fuegoleon revealed that he was carrying a small lapis goblet.

"All this for a cup?" I was skeptical.

He shrugged. "Dunno. I'm just doing what my captain told me to. Back to the point, soon as I took the cup, the dungeon started collapsing and we just made it out,"

There was a rustle overhead. "Luna? Where are you?"

"Oh crap it's Andromedo," I shove the strangers into the bracket.

"What the hell are you doing?" Nozel yelled. "I'm royalty!"

"Good for you. Do you want to live?"

"What's going on-"

"Then shut up,"

"Explain what's all this-"

"Not a peep!"

I rushed out to meet Andromedo. "There you are, Luna. Where were you?"

"I was...getting used to the area..." I lied.

"Come back to the village,"

"I still need to look around," I protested.

Andromedo shrugged, "Fine then, be back by noon," He slid away.

I breathed a sigh of relief. "Mr. Long Beard will kill me if he figured out that I'm letting two Royal Strangers sneak out without killing them," I muttered.

"Who was that?" Fuegoleon asked while Nozel plucked bracken thorns out of his tunic.

"Just one of the guards, he'll kill you if he sees you,"

"I'd like to see him try, " Nozel muttered.

"Actually, you don't."

Fuegoleon sat up. "Well, thank you for keeping us alive, Luna. I'd much rather be alive then not alive. Sorry for disturbing you. We'll be on our way now, ".

"Wait, what was that about a Magic Knight?"

Nozel stared at me. "You don't know what a Magic Knight is? We protect the Clover Kingdom, complete missions, train and get stronger,"

"Stronger? Like in magic?" I went deep in thought.

"There are nine squads. The strongest one in the squad will be Captain. And that's where I and Nozel are aiming," Fuegoleon added.

"Also where is the Clover Kingdom?"

"You're in it," Nozel rolled his eyes.

"I don't think I'll be somewhere I've never heard of. No, this is called the Stellar Village. It is a nice village but lead by a witless leader."

"Well, the Clover Kingdom is a kingdom of peace and order. We use a variety of different magic."

Everyone in the village had one kind of magic. Stellar Magic-the ability to manipulate the stars. But there are rumors that there were more kinds of magic outside the village. I want to see them and learn from them. If I go with these two and to the Magic Knights, I can do just that. But... Virgo. What will he think when I'm not back by noon.

You'll never be as good as your brother...

The outside world. A place Virgo had never been. If I can go there and he didn't, doesn't that make me superior to him, even if it's such a small thing? I could learn more about the outside place than anyone else here.

This is for your own sake. Not Virgo's.

"Hey, wait up!" I called after the two men.

Fuegoleon whipped around. "What is it?"

"I'm coming with you!" I yelled and a big smile crept across my face. "I'll join the Magic Knights as well. Then... Let's see what I can get into! "