Chapter Seventeen-Lost

The Light Mage didn't even bother to try to conceal his mana's presence and Yami and I were easily able to follow his mana trail. We tracked it down to the grimoire tower and stopped outside.

"He's not there," I couldn't feel any mana inside the building. 

"We might as well check," Yami opened the door. 

The mage seemed to have stopped here for a while and continued. 

"Let's go," I hopped back onto my broom. "The longer we linger, the more distance he's putting between us,"

"Are you sure this guy is keeping William hostage? What if Weird-Mask-Dude simply went out somewhere, and he snuck into the room?" Yami wondered.

"And why would he want to go into William's room? For bird seeds? Besides William's mask was on his nightstand and that guy would never in a million years leave without his mask,"

"What if that mage was William? No one knows what he looks like without his mask," 

"In case you have been only interested in the toilet,  William has TREE MAGIC and this guy has LIGHT MAGIC. Also, he TRIED TO ATTACK ME!" My hand went over my eye. Most of the blood had dried and flaked off but the eye itself was still blinded. I started to wonder if it was better if I had done a quick heal up with Rose.

"I haven't involved with that guy much, he didn't even bother with me. But you think this guy has William, therefore we need to be flying around for hours looking for a single mage in a big kingdom,"

"He can't be that far, the mana trail is denser here, we must be getting closer," 

"Look, we're in the forsaken region now, how long have we been out here,"  

"Several hours, but no way can we give up now! We're so close!" 

"Reckon he's hiding in that big demon?" Yami pointed down and I saw a humongous skeleton of some monster below. 

"I'm not searching a corpse," 

"That thing died a couple hundred years back. It's dry as a rock now," 

"How are you to know that?" 

"The Clover Kingdom has a legend relating to this demon and how a single mage defeated it. And that mage is known as the First Wizard King,"

"That sounds intriguing! Why didn't anyone tell me this story?" 

"Maybe cause you'll find a way and use your strange universal power and repeat history," 

"Will not! And I don't have universal power, I need to see the object in order to command it, plus it's complicated, if you don't word it right, things can go very wrong as my pile of misfortunate leaves indicates," 

Much to my relief, the light trail heads away from the demon and towards the border of the Clover Kingdom. 

"So, what's the plan?" Yami asks as we came closer to unfamiliar territory. "Find the mage, ask for William back and expect him to cooperate?" 

"There are two Magic Knights and one novice criminal, we'll simply threaten him. No problem. And if it fails, I'll use my CosmoStellar Magic,"

"You have one bad eye. If he aims for your other one, your magic will be useless," Yami pointed out and I felt a sense of danger. It was risky, but if he's like any other mage in the Clover Kingdom he will probably think Stellars have gone extinct, let alone that Cosmostellars still wandered. Even Captain Julius, all-time Magic Geek had no idea the race was still around.