Chapter Eight-Magic Knight Exam

It's okay. It's fine, not too scary... OWWW WHAT ARE THESE BIRDS?!!

"Anti-birds," Fuegoleon explained. "The lesser magic you have, the more will pester you. You don't look too bad, there's only two bothering you," 

I noticed that not a single bird came close to Fuegoleon. Probably because of his high mana amounts. I glared at the black and red puffs of flying feathers and flashed my animus streak a brilliant royal purple with lightning neon yellow.  The anti-birds screeched in alarm and flew off to bother someone else. 

Fuegoleon nudged me, "Go get yourself enrolled," he pointed at the line of people, all with their grimoires in their hands. There is a man behind the counter who scans the book with his hand. "You're number 176," he told the guy in front of me. "Next," I placed my grimoire down onto the counter. There were a few gasps behind me and some murmuring.

"What is that?"

"That's not a clover..."

"Is she a foreigner?"

"Not from the Clover Kingdom...yet she still wants to join the Magic Knights..."

"Could she be a spy...?" 

The man behind the counter looked uncomfortable. "Ahem, miss, are you sure this is a grimoire?"

"Very sure," I told him.

"This isn't even a clover..."

I glowered balefully at him. "Tell me...where is it in the rules saying the grimoire had to be a clover? Hmmm, I didn't see it on there," I released an aura, placing in more mana then necessary to make it more intimidating. The atmosphere turned a very dark purple, and you could nearly see galaxies and comets whizzing by. 

The man quickly placed a hand on my grimoire which shone briefly. "You're 177," he squeaked. I released the aura and the air was peaceful again.  I sighed and stepped into the arena where Fuegoleon was waiting. "The exam is about to begin,"  a couple of anti-birds swooped to peck at me again and I was prepared to flash my animus streak when they stopped short and fled. All the anti birds did that, and a firework of feather exploded out the arena. Seven mages have appeared on the balcony, watching us.

"Magic Knight Captains," Fuegoleon told me. "Each one of them has more power than 100 mages. And one will be the next Magic Emperor."

"Cool,"

"Nozel and I plan on being captains,"

"And your royalty so they'll let you,"

"Actually, anyone can be a captain as long as they're strong enough. But I'm also aiming to be the Magic Emperor,"

Fuegoleon then gave me a brief introduction on each squad.

"Crimson Lions-my squad and for the House of Vermillion

"Silver Eagles-House Silva's Squad. Nozel is in that squad

"Purple Orcas-may may squad, less popular more likely chance to get in then the royal squads

"Coral Peacocks-A squad sort of like the Purple Orcas but below them. Also very gentle. 

"Grey Deer- it's an okay squad. Not too strict, but not so free flowy like the Coral Peacocks.

"Blue Rose-Mostly women squad. They hate men for some reason

"And Green Praying Mantis-... I dunno how to describe it, it's pretty low on the rankings,"

The Crimson Lion captain glanced at Fuegoleon. "Okay, I need to go now, good luck!" And I was by myself again.

"Let the Magic Knight Exam begin!" The Crimson Lion captain announced. Fuegoleon appeared next to him. Streams of fire appeared, seeking to be aimed directly at us. I flashed my animus streak cobra blue and hot pink in alarm, but the fire simply stopped in front of me and transformed into a broom.