Chapter Nine-The Muscle-Head's Baptism

My scream must have been the thing that brought Nozel and Fuegoleon running down the hill, grimores wide opened. When they saw who it was who had disturbed me, Fuegoleon relaxed and closed his grimore. Nozel, on the other hand, stilled eyed this guy with hostility.

"Umm...WHO IS THIS MUSCLEHEAD-*COUGH*I MEAN, VERY BUFF DUDE?!!!"

"Muscle-head is just fine by me," Nozel muttered.

"AND WHAT IS THAT?! IS HE NAKED?!" I screamed.

"It's called loincloth," the muscle-head said. "I think it looks cool,"

"You can stop right there," I gagged.

"This is Yami Shukihirio, the foreigner we were talking about in the grimore tower," Fuegoleon explained.

"Huh, what's this Mr. Royalty. Found yourself a pretty little girl?" Yami reached out and I shrank back.

"Aww... Why can't Captain Julius send me on a mission and bring back a pretty girl," Yami mockly complained.

"Yami, this is Luna and she'll be your new squadmate," Fuegoleon told Yami.

"Oh? So now the Grey Deer gets a nice pretty little girl. I think I'm in for that. And what are you doing here, Mr. Royalty? Becoming bodyguards for her?"

"No! She just couldn't find her way to the base, so we walked her over here," Nozel snapped.

"Oh? She doesn't even know the location of the Magic Knight base? What is she, not from the Clover Kingdom?"

"Oddly accurate," I chimed in. "You can leave now," I told the two. Nozel nodded and turned away, Fuegoleon gave Yami a stern glance before quickly following.

"Good, now they're gone, let's talk," Yami turned to face me. "You're new to this squad right? However, you don't seem to be fifteen,"

"I'm nineteen,"

"Oh? That makes you older than me. Why didn't you join when you were fifteen?" Yami asked.

"Well, I kind of only got to the Clover Kingdom now..."

"YOU DEFINITELY TO TO GET BAPISTED!" I paled seeing Yami's freaky face.

"Yami, don't go giving the new members nightmares on the first day," a voice said. I turned around to see the Captain walking towards us.

"Oh, good Captain Julius is here. Now we can start the baptism!"

"The what-"

"HEY EVERYONE! GET YOUR ASSES OVER HERE RIGHT NOW!!!" Yami hollered. There was a flurry of doors opening as almost the entire squad came pouring out to see what the ruckus was about.

"We've got a new member!" Yami informed the people. "Do you know what we need to do?"

"Not one of those baptisms again Yami," one of the Knights sighed.

"Yes, one of those baptisms. This will be a tradition in my squad once I become captain,"

"You're also aiming for captain?" I asked.

"Yeah, you should too. NOW TIME TO GET BAPTISED! FIRST OFF, I'LL DUNK YOU INTO THIS POOL, THAT I HAD MADE JUST FOR THIS PURPOSE!"

"What's going on-" With a heave, Yami threw me into the pool. IT WAS COLD! SOMEONE SAVE ME FROM DYING OF HYPERTHERMIA! I surfaced, gasping for breath.

"How do you feel? Feeling all your sins wash away?" Yami asked in a monotone.

No! I can't feel a thing! All my nerves have gone numb! I thought.