Chapter Fifteen - Blue Rose Maiden

"Cosmostellar Magic: Spiral Star Storm," my spell managed to snap several briars only for them to grow back. Sharp thorns buried themselves into my leg and I yowled in pain.

"OW OW OW OW OW! THIS HURTS!"

"Good good," Yami slashed the briars with his katana.  "Just keep that loud mouth screaming and some royal prince will be sure to come to rescue you,"

"Very funny! Wither and decay!".  The branch shrank back and I busied myself on extracting the thorns in my skin. I didn't have much time as more briars pushed forward.

I flicked my wrist, and used a suspension spell, holding the briars in place.  The magic was relentless, and I felt my mana draining away.

"I'll go tackle the source!" Yami hollered. "You help the townspeople,"

I quickly nodded and painfully wiggled out of the cafe.

The town was chaos. People were running in no particular direction, there was lots of screaming and the occasional spell to stop the briars.

"EVERYONE CALM DOWN!" I raised my voice to make it audible over the commotion. "EVERYTHING'S UNDER CONTROL!" Underestimate of the year.

"And who are you to say that?" one of the townspeople asked.

I didn't wear my Magic Knight robe often, it attracts unwanted attention. It might have been very useful at the moment though. People seem so assured once they see the robe and be all "The Magic Knights have come to save us!" Though personal experience with William and Yami has shown that not all Magic Knights join with a good intention. 

"Huh, there are a lot of answers to that, but I'm someone who's going to help stop the curse! ACK!" thorny vines snaked around my ankle. Yami, hurry it up! I glanced around, looking for something to block the onslaught of roses and spotted a boy around the age of nine, waving a paintbrush with fiery orange paint. Much to my surprise, the paint actually turns into fire and skillfully burns away small sections of briars at the time. I detangled my ankle and rushed over to the boy. 

"Hey, can you do that again? How big can you make a paint splatter?" I nudged the boy. 

"Are you daring me?" the boy's eyes lit up, eager for a challenge. He threw his paintbrush making an arc of paint sail out, about a meter long.

"Expand, blockade," I muttered as fast as I could. The arc widened and stretched itself, perfectly blocking the alleyway the briars were coming from. 

"Wow! I saved the day!" The boy was jumping around excitedly. 

"What's your name?"

"Rill!"

"Nice to meet you. I'm Luna," A scream cut me off as more briars from another alleyway began to spill into the town center.  Great...Then another one started pouring in and yet another one. There's not enough time to block them off one at a time! But what else can I do?  I remembered Polaris, an OrbitStellar makes magic domes with the power of inertia pushing threats away. So maybe I can shield the entire town center like that...FANTASTIC IDEA LUNA! YOU JUST FINISHED LEARNING YOUR FIRST SPELL AND NOW YOU WANT TO SURROUND AN ENTIRE BLOCK? 

I gritted my teeth. Yeah, it's going to be a huge step...maybe we gather people closer together so I can make it smaller. No problem there since everyone was backing up closer together as the briars took up more space. I flicked my finger and summoned a small beam of purple mana and waved it in a circular motion, tracing the area I wanted to shield. A neon violet ring now enclosed the townspeople. I raised my hand and mana from the ring began lifting, climbing higher and higher and slowly sealed in a semi-circular shape. The briars squished against the barrier but they couldn't break through. 

I breathed a small sense of relief knowing that we were safe from the curse. However, we weren't safe from suffocation. The area was packed and I was touching someone on all sides. The people were silent, but I could sense their restlessness. I tried to inch as far away from others as I could and sat down, wondering how Yami was doing. 

It seemed like ages. I flicked my finger at the barrier, poking fun of the roses when it suddenly started to dissolve. I stood up and glanced around as the branches shrank back. 

"The curse was...undone?" uneasy murmurs spread through the huddle of people. As the briars retreated from the town square, I released the barrier and ducked into a corner while a huge huddle of people came streaming everywhere. 

"Okay now that's under control," Yami came strutting towards me with a beautiful woman in tow. "Well, here it is, the core of the problem," he pointed towards the lady.

"You're part of the Blue Roses aren't you? The Rose Maiden Charlotte Rosalie?" I asked. 

She nodded, looking flustered with all the commotion and a bit shameful.

"We have to punish her, don't we?" Yami flexed his muscles. "After all, she spilled my soup all over me," 

"I don't think we have the power to. And besides, it's not her fault that she was...cursed you said?" 

"Huh. And I'm still hungry," 

"After all we've been through, your stomach is your first priority?"

"Actually, I need to take a dump," 

"HEY!"

Third Person P.O.V

Far off the Clover Kingdom, over barren land and towards the palace of the Diamond Kingdom, a discussion was being held. 

"So, you said you were present in the town today?" 

"Yes, sir. I saw it with my own eyes. I hid in mist magic protecting me from the chaos. I was also unnoticed by anyone," the spy replied, his head bowed low. 

"And you saw there are quite a few we must beware of?" the man asked. 

"The entire problem was from a Blue Rose knight who lost control of her magic. She has enough mana to swallow an entire town I believe. Then there is a Dark Magic user who can cut through the magic with no problem. One we must really be cautious is a boy who seems to be able to replicate any magic through paint,"

"How old?"

"Around nine, I estimate," 

"He won't be a threat for a while, it seems we can continue with our experiments without the Clover Kingdom intercepting,"

"There is still one who we must pay the closest attention to, sir," 

"And that is?"

"A Stellar was seen in that town,"

"Stellar...hmmm?"

"From the looks of her magic, a Cosmostellar," 

"Cosmostellar...It's been a few years since a Stellar was to leave the safety of their hidden village. The General did report a Stellar preventing the conquering of Kiten, but he was bleeding beyond hope and may have been delusional. Perhaps he was right after all," 

"If there is one Stellar, there could be more. We should arrange an army to quickly eliminate them," 

"No, a Cosmostellar is too valuable to lose. This one may be a little...misguided. Let's start the means of putting her on the right side...

We cannot afford to lose this one..."