Chapter Sixteen-Blinded

"Lady Luna pays so much attention to Noelle," Leo complained. "She never pays attention to me,"

"Awww, the whiny fire lion is in love with our babysitter," Solid mocked.

"I do not! I just want her to notice me so I can show her my awesome gigantic flame spiral! And it never fails to hit the target!"

Noelle looked a little hurt. "And that's why Lady Luna is helping ME and not YOU,"

"I'm helping everyone," I joined the conversation. "By making sure that the lot of you don't destroy the entire kingdom while your brothers are gone," 

We were resting in the royal garden while I try to coax Noelle to hit a tree trunk.

"But I don't want to hurt the tree," Noelle protested. "It can't move,"

"The tree won't be hurt by your water, just don't hit it with too much force. You'll be doing it a favor. Also, real enemies can move therefore you'll have a harder time being accurate. Let's try to take the first steps now and work on moving targets as we progress,"

Noelle flicked her finger and threw a waterball that swerved and sailed behind her. There was a splash and what appeared to be Solid sputtering. 

"Honestly, all of you lack elegance when it comes to magic," Krisch sighed, admiring himself in the pond. "As royals, magic should be beautiful," 

"Beauty does not matter on the battlefield," I instructed from my limited knowledge.  "I wouldn't care if I died from a magical and glorious light arrow or a flying shoe. Actually, now to think about it, I would care since I'd be humiliated in the afterlife,  but that's not the point. What I mean is, as long as you have defeated the enemy, it doesn't matter how you do it, wheater by a beautiful sparkling spell or by throwing a flying kick to the face,"

"Still, I'd like to do it elegantly like all the other royals," Noelle requested.

"Then we need more practice," I patted her shoulder encouragingly.  

"Lady Luna!" Mimosa came running up to me as if her life depended on it. "There's a creepy guy with muscles at the garden's entrance and he says he needs to see you right now otherwise he'll make me dead!" 

"Oh, that's Yami," I stood up briskly. "I suppose you guys can control yourselves for the next hour before the next watcher comes, can you not?"

"And if we don't?" Solid was clearly looking forward to a moment with his younger sister without me supervising. 

"I'll report your behavior to Nozel and you can talk it up with him," Solid was suddenly very interested in Nebra, and went to look at what his sister was doing. 

I found Yami impatiently looming under a rose arch, his fingers smoking a cigarette. "Took you long enough. I thought I told that girl to get you as fast as possible," 

"You shouldn't go terrorizing little children like that," I scolded. "You scared Mimosa sick," 

"Whatever, those little royals, living a life of primroses and tea. They need a scare every now and then. Anyways, Captain Julius requested you to come back to the base. It's about the weirdo mask guy,"

"William?" 

"Yeah, he won't come out of his room no matter how much I yell at him so Captain Julius wants to see if you can convince him seeing how you're super close with him," 

"Maybe he's feeling a bit ill. He said his head hurt yesterday and he was quiet most of this week," 

"Huh, then I wonder if he's brewing potions for himself with sun rays because it sure looks bright beyond that door,"

...

Yami wasn't kidding, in the gaps and the keyhole seemed to be shining with a blinding light. I knocked on the door politely. 

No response. "William? Ahem?"

Still nothing. "You're being extremely rude behind there," 

I was now getting extremely concerned. "I'm opening the door if you're not going to tell me what's up,"

Since there was no answer I rested my hand on the doorknob. "Open," the doorknob shimmered royal blue and turned a semicircle. There were small clicks as the lock mechanisms unlocked. Finally, the door swung open. 

I was enveloped in a bright dazzling glare. "Hello?" 

I spotted a figure in the middle of the light. "You're not William..." 

The figure turned on me. He had long white hair, amber eyes and red tattoos on his eyebrow-less forehead. "Stellar!" 

"Who are you? And what have you done to William?" I demanded.

Instead of answering, he threw a light beam towards me. Instinctively, I ducked while continuing to inspect the man. The shape of his face and his voice was similar to William but William used tree magic. I quickly came up with a conclusion. This guy must have captured William and tried to impersonate him. 

"Where's William?" 

The guy ignored my question again, looking towards the doorway that I was blocking.

"I don't have time for you Stellar. If you're going to get in my way..." he was trying to sound menacing, which was a little difficult seeing that he is clearly younger then me. He's bluffing, he can't hurt me. 

He wasn't bluffing and a ray of light came slicing into my right eye which came alive with agony. I clamped the eye shut and pressed my hand over it. In that instant, the light user knocked me off my feet and bolted out the door. I could feel warm blood over my face but I struggled to my feet and scrambled after him.

Yami caught me as I was running. "Man looks like you took one hell of a beating. Why did Mr.Weird Mask Guy want to whack you? Did you interrupt him while he was taking a dump?" 

"Follow...the...light," I mumbled. 

"And now you're delirious, we need to find you a healer," 

"But we need to chase after that light mage in William's room! He must have taken William hostage somewhere!" 

"You can't see out of your right eye anymore, we need to get that fixed," 

I shook my head. "No, we need to follow that light mage's trail before it gets stale," 

"What are you, a dog?" 

"Since he's a light mage, he'll most likely use his magic to speed away to escape. Therefore, we need to follow the mana he gave off during the run," 

"Moving at light speed while we only sit on brooms. Yeah, he's gone," 

"I'm following it whether you want to or not,"

Yami sighed. "All right, let's go find William,"

This shouldn't have taken as long as it did but I couldn't make up a good chapter ending. I really need to improve on my conclusions...