greetings •ch 2•

Javier and a few of the other gang members helped (Y/N) off Javier's horse and they escorted her into a log cabin.

Unease pricked at her but she trusted Javier and Arthur

A blonde headed girl peeked over to her from a bed and blinked "how you get here...?" She said, sadness deep within her voice

(Y/N) folded her hands ontop of each other and looked down "some gang called the o' driscolls killed my family, Arthur and Javier found me.."

The girl seemed to be pulled to attention at the mention of the o'driscolls

"I'm Sadie Adler... and, that o'driscoll gang is responsible the death of my husbend.."

(Y/N) raised her head "I'm sorry about that, I'm (Y/N) (L/N)" she said simply

...

(Y/N) woke up and sat herself up. She glanced around and saw the girls in her cabin were all sleeping. She stood up and walked over to the door and opened it, to check on the horses, suddenly getting hit by the freezing air.

She held a hand over her face and heard the door get pulled shut by the wind behind her, she glanced over and saw a fire and a figure sat up. He moved over to her and she lowered her hand to see Javier.

"What are you doing up so early (Y/N), and being outside in general..."

(Y/N) followed him over to his small campfire and he set down his rifle while (Y/N) sat down across from him "I wanted to check on the horses... it's what I did every morning before...well..you know..." her voice grew quiet and Javeir scooted a bit to the side to be closer

"Hey, let's keep your mind off of grief, want to go ride some horses to see how the frozen water in the lake is?"

(Y/N) nodded but then looked to the ground sadly "I dont have a horse..."

Javier put his hand on her shoulder "you can borrow uncle's horse, hes always to busy slacking off road notice its gone"

(Y/N) gave a small smile and the two stood up and went over to the horses and unhitched them.

(Y/N) adjusted the blanket around her shoulders before mounting up and glancing over to Javier who was already mounted.

She nodded and gave the horse a light kick before it began to move forwards.

She grabbed the reins and moved up to Javier's side and shivered "I'm used to storms like this, I mean I was raised in these mountains" (Y/N) said to start a conversation

Javier flicked some snow off his shoulder "I'm not too used to these, I was born in Mexico and for the past four years I've been with the gang and moving with them constantly"

She nodded and gave a yawn "how was Mexico? I'm guessing its warm"

Javier gave a laugh "of course its warm there, closer to the equator" he watched her eyes travel to a few rabbits racing across the snow and he pointed to the rabbits "In Mexico jackrabbits are quite common, "

(Y/N) nodded "what are the people there like..?"

Javier glanced down to his horse "kinda the same here, people are alike in many ways just as they are different in many ways as well"

(Y/N) and Javier both rode up to the lake and Javier dismounted and moved up to the lake. He put his foot on it and pressed down, the ice slightly cracked and he turned back and mounted his horse "it's not as thick as yesterday so that's something good" he said and (Y/N) nodded

Both began to ride back the Javier pointed over to a wolf "wolves usually represent bad people while eagles represent good people and bucks represent good people." He glanced over to (Y/N) "what do you think you are..?"

(Y/N) shrugged "I dont know, maybe an eagle, I haven't done anything good but I havent done anything bad... yet, may change over time.."

Javier grazed ahead "I think I'm a wolf... I'm not a good person... I've killed many"

(Y/N) watched him lower his head and she rose closer to his side "i don't think you're bad, so what if you kill some people, you saved me and if not I would ha w either froze or been picked off by wolves"

Javier blushed a tiny bit and both continued on their way back to the cabin