Chapter 4 - Sparkle

This chapter is dedicated to Singaporean actor Aloysius Pang (1990 to 2019) who left us too soon on his reservist training in New Zealand.

May he rest in peace. He may be gone, but in our hearts, he will never be forgotten.

(This chapter was released at the time of Aloysius's passing)

8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8

As Bodi and the rest of the gang celebrated the quelling of the fake wolves, a pair of real wolves were making their observations from the distance, using a pair of night vision goggles and a pair of binoculars. Once they had seen it all, none of the mammals of Snow Mountain would have noticed them sneaking away.

8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8

Morning comes and everyone in the village would have woken up, prepared and freshen up for the day ahead. However, as Bodi did not have enough sleep and his Dad was silly enough not to buy an alarm clock, Bodi was sleeping like a baby by the time Khampa woke up. He still remembered the moment Bodi's released his energy from his guitar in full force to him which resulted in him and the group of fake wolves to get all knocked back.

Khampa entered Bodi's bedroom to discover the source behind his son's musical passion. He found Bodi's guitar (which was lying on the floor as Bodi felt too exhausted to place it back to its original place) but decided not to take it away. Instead, he rummaged through the drawers to find the two notebooks that Bodi had been using. One was his diary, and the other was a black notebook.

Khampa opened the black notebook and was astounded at what he said. It was song lyrics! Khampa was surprised at the number of songs he had written and most of them were at least coherent and inspirational. There were song titles to some of the lyrics, such as 'That's the Way I Like It', 'All We Are', 'Something Better' and so on. He even includes what notes to play and at the back was the chord arrangement to a wide variety of notes. How could he have understood something complex?

Curious at what his son had been doing, Khampa opened the diary and found the latest entry he had found...

Bodi's Diary Entry

It seems that Dad had finally found out my secret. How silly of me not to check his bedroom to see if he was snoring away. However, the morning went through as planned.

Dad had banned music in the village for a very long time, so I feel I had to bring it out in full force. I gathered the lambs, strum to one of my songs and we marched in harmony. The lambs were enjoying themselves, which was awesome because I thought they would not remember my childhood days when music was appreciated all around.

However, Dad caught me when I entered Uncle Fleetwood's place and we quickly dispersed. Even though Dad had finally caught me, playing music on the guitar he had locked up years ago, but man, it was definitely worth it!

I hope Dad would understand that my love was in music and he sent me to Mengcheng some day.

Khampa closed the notebooks, seeking more answers to this mystery. He opened the cabinet to find a stack of books he had never seen before, such as:

"Guitar Lessons 101"

"The Essentials of Guitar"

"Song Writing for Dummies"

"The Way of A Guitar Player"

"A History of Rock"

"Rock Around the World"