Acknowledgements

(Pictured above is the fun class photo of my previous class DAC/FT/3B/09. I am the white-shirt guy doing a bad Wakandan pose)

Looking back at the moment I went into the theatre watching "Rock Dog" for the first time, I did not realise that this viewing would be the start of almost two years of planning, conceptualising, writing and promoting of "Rock Dog: The Retold Story". I felt grateful that I took a plunge and watched it for once. Otherwise, how would I know that I can relate to the story so much?

To those that hated the movie, I understand that I am not on your side of terms, but let's be real, I wrote this to intend to make the story better and more coherent. I thanked you for understanding and appreciating each others' opinion.

I would like to thank my classmates from DAC/FT/3B/09 of academic year 2018/2019 from my alma mater Singapore Polytechnic for giving me the morale boost to write this novel, my polytechnic tutors Ms Kathy Gan and Ms Viki Tong, as well my counsellors Mr Charles Rajan and Ms Selvi for providing me with some heartfelt advice at moments of my lowest lows.

I would also like to thank the following people for the concept, idea and plot to this fic. If not for you few, I would not have the necessary inspiration to write this story:

1. Zheng Jun (real-life rock star and author of the graphic novel "Tibetan Rock Dog", which was adapted into the movie)

2. Ash Brannon (director of Rock Dog)

3. Adam Friedman (voice actor of Bodi's singing voice and co-writer of the theme song "Glorious")

4. Reel FX, who animated the movie (even though they did not list this in their website)

5. Lionsgate, who distributed the movie (even though I still hate you for distributing terrible animated movies (except for the Shaun the Sheep movie and Minuscule: Valley of the Lost Ants, both are excellent).)

6. The entire Nanowrimo Singapore community for pushing me further (and for all the unnecessary cauliflower jokes. A special thank you  to the Nanowrimo Singapore Municipal Liaisons Sarah and Raven for supporting the community!)

7. My writing heroes James Patterson, Anthony Horowitz, Yu Hua, Neil Humphreys and Cyril Wong for inspiring me to write

8. My lower secondary history and literature teacher Ms Fazylah for introducing Nanowrimo to me

9. My upper secondary English teacher Ms Connie Sue for the writing tips (and indirectly preparing the class for the GCE O Level English Examination)

10. My family, who provided me more support and courage to weather the fanfiction storm

11. The schools that did not give up on me, in chronological order: AWWA Special School, Metta School, Bedok West Primary School, Sembawang Primary School, Admiralty Secondary School and Singapore Polytechnic

And last, but not least...

Everyone who had read the whole fic, from start to finish. No matter where you are, no matter how much you are down and no matter where we roam, we'll always be glorious.

I'll see you in the next writing adventure! Until then, for now, k thanks bye!